cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of spool requests (ERS documents) Apprentice Project HELP needed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm an apprentice from Germany and I have to do a project for my final exams. I could desparetly Need some help on getting started.

In our SRM, we have a program for the Generation of ERS documents (credit note?).

Firstly, the Programm BBPERS creates ERS Idocs on Basis of stock-receipt (?). Secondly, the program RSPPFPROCESS sends the ERS invoice to the supplier via mail.

The document is saved only as an email.

We do have a Z-Programm, ZZBBPERS, that is used for subsequent creation of ERS documents as PDFs. These are saved in the Spool, but for each invoice a different spool number is created.

Now my Task is to find a way to Archive these ERS documents into an external Archive. We use d.3 as Archive, I don't know if you have heard of it. But that shouldn't matter right now.

So the question is, how can this be achieved? I don't really know anything about archiving in SAP. And this is a very Special case. Where do I have to start? Do I Need to write a program, or can I use some of SAPs Standard possiblities? What programs are there for archiving spools? Can they be defined as only archiving Spools from program X? Where do I define archiving procedures?

I hope some of you can get me started. I don't Need a perfect solution right off the bat, just a place to start and ideas how to Approach this Project.

Thanks SO MUCH in advance for any help!

Greetings,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

For archiving the ERS documents, you need to do the document archiving customization. If the third party content server is already existed you can use it.

1) Define the new document type(Via OAC2 create the new document type with document class as PDF)

2) Link the ERS Output to Document type (Goto NACE t-code -> Select MR application -> click on Output types -> Select and double click on ERS Output Type -> Goto Storage system -> Maintain the Storage mode as Print and Archive or Archive Only -> which is created via Step 1).

3) Link document type and Business Object via OAC3(Business object - BUS2081, Document Type - which defined via Step 1, Content Repository - which is using to store the documents to third party content server, you can get it from OACO, Link Table - TOA01)

Make sure that the content repository connection and the storage is working properly before archiving the documents.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, this brought me a leap Forward.

So the Business object should be the BUS2207, right? This is our Business object for ERS. We don't have BUS2081, what is that?

edit: Wait, what is the difference between Business Object and Archiving Object? We do not have an archiving object vor ERS.

To clarify: We do not book in SRM, we are sending it per Idoc to another SAP System where the booking takes place.

We are just creating the PDF out of the BUS2207 and sending it to the vendor via RSPPFPROCESS and Action "BBP_ERS".

Can you tell me where I can see detailed Information for the Archive Connection? I have the entry in OAC0 with IP address and all. But we have no records of ever archiving in this System so how can I see Connection details and test it?

I also have to analyze if ArchiveLink is already set up and working..

Also, where do I define how the files are saved in the storage System? With this I mean like in which Content repositories / Folders and so on they are saved.

What Information are given to the PDF? All document informations, like Dates invoice number and so on? How can I use them for my Archive structure?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I have mentioned the business object from ECC system, in SRM it might differe. If BUS2207 is the  business object, you can use the same.

Archiving object is different from Business Object. Archiving object is to archive the relative data from different tables(It is for archiving the transactional data). Your requirement is for archiving the ERS document, so you can leave this.

As specified earlier please do the configuration, from OAC2,OAC0,OAC3,NACE and OAM1 for archiving setup. After that by running the report RMMR1MRS(it is in ECC, not sure about the report in SRM system) you can choose the documents for which it need to generate the ERS documents. With the help of configuration the document will generate the tRFC entry to store the PDF document to external content server which is mentioned in OAC0.

What ever information you want to see in PDF it is defined in the report of SAP Form. You can get the report name from NACE.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much! Unfortunately, NACE Transaction is not availible in SAP. The communication is not via tRFC but via HTTP I believe.

I have a custom Report for generating ERS documents from past ERS.

I'm trying to control the archiving process via Action Profile: Transaction BBP_PO_ACTION_DEF. Here I Change the archiving process to "Mail and archive".Thiese Actions are generated via the Report RSPPFPROCESS from the ERS Idocs created by BBPERS.

Answers (0)