Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i begin?

karim_mohamed2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gents

First of all i would like to thank you for reading my problem

Second my problem is that i'm new in the field of BI/BW i have no experience or knowledge in that filed i have a previous experience in the programming field such as C# ,VB.net and SQL server with database concept.

My question is Do i need to read any external books that explains the concept of the Data-warehousing or the SAP academy books such as BW310, BW305 and so are enough and if they are not enough would you please recommend any book title that will help me to get the concept.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karim_mohamed2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Leslaw Piwowarski and kodanda pani KV for your replies but what i really need to know do i need to read any extra books that it is not related to SAP but related to the field of data warehousing or i will get the concept from the books that you described in your replies

thanks again

6 REPLIES 6

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't find anything you need now in books accompanying SAP courses, I think. I attended most of those courses and even now I don't use those books. They are written only for use during courses.

The book I bought and use is "A Practical Guide to SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.0" (a bit oudated now, but not much).

And read posts on SCN of course 🙂

Regards, Leszek    

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take the online training form the institues BW 7.0/7.3.

first the read the data warehousing concepts and do practice on the system.

so many documents is avalible form the google.

in BW 3 areas.

1. modeling

2.extraction

3.reporting.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I willl  Recommend  Read all documents related to SAP BW  in Help.sap.com.

like SAP BW 7.3 help.sap.com provide's detail info.

Thanks.

karim_mohamed2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Leslaw Piwowarski and kodanda pani KV for your replies but what i really need to know do i need to read any extra books that it is not related to SAP but related to the field of data warehousing or i will get the concept from the books that you described in your replies

thanks again

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Just two of them. 

Brooks P. March of Datamarts.

Pandse N. The OLAP Report.