Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification: WorkItem - Unable to open Access Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using AC 10.1 with SP06

I have configured Email-notification for the new workitem to approve or reject and this is working completely fine. The approver is getting the mails triggered with the link to goto WorkInbox. All the requests are clearly visible but I (or any approver for that matter) can't open/access the request.

I had copied the URL link by opening the workinbox and then with right click --> Technical help and pasted the same link in the email subject content. Hope this is the right way to provide the link to work-inbox

But I can access/open the same request, if I go via the normal procedures SAPGUI --> NWBC --> MyHome --> Workinbox

Ofcourse, I would've missed some things but not sure what it is.

I have followed http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/605077fc-3577-2e10-e1a6-a743514d4... to come so far.

I assue the issue (not sure though) might be with the package, where I saved the email document, While creating the new email template at the time of saving it, I created one custom package ZGRC, as you can see there are some of the package encapsulation which are not captured. Is this causing the issue?

Awaiting for you quick and positive response.

Thanks,

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ameet,

do you get any error message? Any logs in SLG1? How about the URL in the email.. does it seem to be correct? Or missing anything in there?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

No, I don't see any error. The screen doesn't respond after I click on any request item.

And certainly there is no issue with the link, if that would've been the issue then I wouldn't have been able to see my work inbox items.

Anyway, like I said; I copied the link correctly from the webdynpro: URL link by opening the workinbox and then with right click --> Technical help

There is no logs available in SLG1 for this issue.

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

just for my understanding (not clear yet). Do you use the %PATH% variable to provide the url? Or do you use any other url, e.g. http://<grc system>:8001/nwbc/

Not sure whether you have SSO in place that forwards the user automatically to the startpage. If so, you cannot use the link seen in the address bar in Internet Explorer.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I have mentioned the URL link under %PATH% as below:

You mean SSO to NWBC..?

This is not in place till now. But how come this could be the issue..? I understand that SSO will take approver directly to the workinbox link

I have saved my log-in credentials with Chrome browser so whenever i click on the link coming from the email notification, the browser doesn't ask me to enter ID, password and takes me to my workinbox items wherer i can see the requests pending for my approvals.

But if i use the same link on IE, it asks me to enter credentials, as I didn't save the ID and password So, after providing the credentials, I can see the requests pending for my approval, but UNABLE to open/access any of the requests.

I have activated all the required services as well.

Ameet

Message was edited by: Ameet kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone of you help me with your inputs on the issues mentioend above..?

Ameet