cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Multiple workitems in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I  need to select multiple workitems in the UWL  at the same time and forward these workitems to some other users .

Kindly let me know what changes need to be done to achieve it .

Thanks ,

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Keerthi,

To do this changes please follow below steps,

Step 1 : Check the view name in the iView property named as "uwl_viewname".

Step 2 : if this is standard UWL iView then view name must be "Default".

Step 3 : Move to the xml file named as "uwl.standard", open it and search for the above view.

Step 4 : Here change the property named as "Selection" to "Multiselect". and upload the changed xml with medium priority.

or

Step 4 : This can also be done by adding one column of checkbox in view to do this, view definition need to be changed, in this case add below xml code in view definition in downloaded xml,

<DisplayAttributes>

<DisplayAttribute name=<Action Name for Forward> type="checkbox" width="" sortable="no" format="default" actionRef="Forward" referenceBundle=<reference Bundle for forward> hAlign="CENTER" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"/>

</DisplayAttributes>

in the above code change the action name and reference name accordingly for which action you want to perform this.

And in the bottom of the view definition, add Submit Decision button to perform on the selected multiple workitems, code is as follows,

<Action reference="refresh"/>

<Action reference="defaultGlobalWizard"/>

<Action reference="submitUserDecisions"/>

And as per my knowledge this is proper way to do this.

Step 5 : After doing above changes upload xml with medium priority and clear UWL cache.

Step 6 : check the UWL iView and functionality

Above should work with what you want to achieve, please let me know if this works....

Regards,

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin

uwl_viewname property is set as default .

I  made  changes to uwl.standarad file as suggested above

but when am trying to  upload the edited uwl.standarad file  i got the below error

operation not allowed on standarad configuration uwl.standarad.

Can you please advice .

Regards,

Tisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tisha,

Have you changed the name of the xml after chnages? If not, try changing the name of the xml and upload it with medium priority.

BR,

Pranesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh ,

I changed the name of the XML file and uploaded . Now  I am able to select multiple items .Now  I need to  forward   all these selected items .

How can i do it ? please advice

Regards,

Tisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tisha,

Right click on the task and you will get an option to forward.

BR,

Pranesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh ,

If i will select only one item  i have option for forward . But if i am selecting multiple items then the forward option is not coming

Regards,

Tisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh ,

If i will select only one item  i have option for forward . But if i am selecting multiple items then the forward option is not coming

please advice .

Regards,

Tisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tisha,

You wont be able to forward multiple work items on one go as every work items would have its own purpose and should go to designated assignee.

Hence, you will be able to forward only one workitem at one time.

BR,

Pranesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranesh ,

Suppose if the work item is of same type   for example  we   need to do a mass approval or rejection by selecting multiple items at a time. Can we do it ?

Is it possible to  have   a check box to select multiple items and then we will have a button  in the UWL to   approve /reject / forward .

Can this be achieved by step 4 explained in bhavin response .

Regards,

Tisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can  you please   advice me on the above  request

Regards,

Tisha.

former_member219975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tisha,

This can only be possible only when you provide the column of check box to select/check multiple workitems and then there will the button at the bottom named as  "submit Decision", and with this multiple items can be forwarded, please let me know for further information for the same.

Regards,

Bhavin Anajwala