Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning From ABAP To FICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

As Stated on this topic discussion, i would be very much appreciated to receive any advice and notable documents / compilation on how to start to be a SAP - FICO consultant.

I've done throughly serch in the net about topic on how to be an effective SAP FICO counsultant and it helps me alot to know the basics, however i assumed that SAP is always inevitable for change specially in FICO, this is because the blogs and post i've read is already in the past and i just wanna know what are the most important things to start in FICO these days.

Your response is highly appreciated,

Mark.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Hope the following blog would give you a starting point.

Best Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

FICO is related to financial domain and you have to  plan your career as Financial business analyst. In Order to work in FICO, You would would  to be financial expert. It is preferable if you have  chartered accountant (or) MBA(finance) as  background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marky,

Krishna pointed out correctly to you.  If you have background of Accounting then it would be ideal choice.  However, I can see the subject from ABAP to FICO.  You have to see which one you are very comfortable on the process side when you were worked with SAP Functional consultants SD, MM, PP, FI etc.  Also, check what is your study and domain background because it gives you a ladder to move fast in terms of understanding on functional side.

If you have already worked on SAP FICO ABAP then it would be an ideal choice, but check above points before moving into correct SAP modules.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Ravi ,

Thanks for sharing the link however i've already read that document before i post this thread.

Do you have specific blog that can point out directly all about SAP FI? Im very much appreciated for your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Gopi and krishna,

I have no backgorund with MBA or chartered account

but,

I came up on mix project such as support and enhancement, with this i have worked for modules in SD, FI, FSCM, EHS, BW, MM and SCM.

I will not actually become a Pure FI consultant but I will Be an ABAP-FI consultant.

I wish you can point me out on what actually  i need to briefly focus on FI in order to gasp it effectively,

your response is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi Marky,

FICO contains important modules like

- General Ledger

- Accounts Payable & Receivables

- Asset Accounting

- Bank Accounting, Cash & Liquidity

- Withholding Tax

-  Tax on Sales & Purchases

You would required to master some of these areas and also need to understand the design of underlying BAPIs.

- Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

For entering into FICO your basic for account should be crystal clear

you have all functionality of Account to become an fi consultant easy an easy task but to sustain as fi consultant bit difficult you have to update your self always in accounting terminology

Regards