cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Z Table in SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created a Z Table and want to use this table in the Cloud Application Studio. I want to read and manipulate the data of this Z Table. How can I get the data of this table in the SDK?

This is my Z Table:

Can you help me?

With Kind regards

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately there is no way to read datasources from absl. You should read data directly from the related BOs.

former_member232970
Participant
0 Kudos

then: attributes created on the browser/UI are not accessible on the SDK studio ?

In case i'm wrong, could you please explain me how to access such attributes on the SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If for "attributes" you mean datasource attributes: no. It is not possible to access these attributes via  SDK. In general: you can't access datasource via SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a possibility to access the fields which I created with  the Key User Tool? Can I set logic behind the field in the SDK?

For example I want to add to the addresses block a new field and this field I want to manipulate in the SDK. How can I access the new field in the SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add this field via Adaptation mode and then create a reference in the SDK, or you can add a field directly in the SDK using a business object extension.

former_member232970
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please maybe explain how to create a reference in the SDK to a field created via adaptation mode. thanks in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't advice to use this solution if you are planning to transport your custom developments in other systems. Anyway it is well explained in the official guide at page 371.

The official guide is here: SAP Cloud Applications Studio – SAP Help Portal Page

former_member232970
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

This remark is very interesting.

Could you please tell me the pros and cons to use this method of Reference to Extension fields?

Actually, I personally used it on several solutions.

Is the problem resides in the fact that we need to recreate the fields form the Cloud before implementing and transporting the solution to the new system?

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is one of the reason. Another reason is that you will never be able to delete this field after referencing it in a pdi solution. And finally, I am not sure that you will be able to use this field in other kind of objects like datasource/webservices without a workaround.

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, very interesting!

I need to dive on this matter as it could harm future development so.

Thanks so much for your attention Alessandro!

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

JA

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can add a field created with adaptation mode (KUT) to form reports, webservices, enterprise search...

Migration templates are even updated automaticaly with those new fields.

In adaptation mode go to "extension fields" and at the bottom "further usage"

Best regards,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, also I didn't know about it.

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

I do not get why this is related to this post.

The reference to customer specific fields are done in the SDK, not from the Cloud solution.

Or you are just advising to do everything from the Cloud Solution?

The problem is, there is often a need to do some business logic behind Extension fields. So if everything is done from the Cloud (creating it then adding it to reports etc), we still need to reference it in the SDK in order to implement this business logic.

However thank you very much for the fact the migration templates are even updated!!!

Is it only for Extension fields created with Adapt? Or also for the ones coming from the SDK?

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->

Is it only for Extension fields created with Adapt? Or also for the ones coming from the SDK?

<--

also for the ones coming from the SDK

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alessandro!

Do we need to do something specific with the extension fields from the SDK to add them to migration templates or is it done automatically in back-end?

Have a nice day.

JA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested and seems to be done automatically. Anyway if you have any problem send me an email I know what to do.

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far a I know for SDK fields you have a manual step to make the field available in migration templates:

This is automatic with KUT fields.

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is related to the pros and cons to create fields in SDK or KUT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is the procedure that I knew, but today it worked for me also without this step. Try without this before and if not working proceed by adding the field to the required ws

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wow thank you so much Benjamin!

I did not even see this blog!

And yes this is a big Pros for KUT fields!!

Best regards!

Jacques-Antoine

Answers (0)