Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization objects for feature "where used list"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

the place where I work is very strict in authorizations and in fact I am missing authorizations for performing a simple "where used list" on a field, which would be very helpful in finding the necessary tables.

I can use transaction SE12 but not SE11. When I try to use the where used list icon, I get an error. By performing SU53 immediately after, I get a message that transaction SE80 is what I am missing.

can someone tell me what authorization objects are necessary to be able to perform a "where used list"? I might be able to have those add to a role, if they are display only.

thanks

Alisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nikolayevstigneev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Alisa!

In case you have no authorization for ST01 trace I've traced pushing "Where-used list" in my system and that's what I got:

4 REPLIES 4

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alisa,

Share the SU53 screenshot which will be displaying all the required details,with the Security Team.

They will trace out what roles you currently have and what is missing to perform the required activity.

Restricting a developer to use Where Used list is bit wierd.

K.Kiran.

nikolayevstigneev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Alisa!

In case you have no authorization for ST01 trace I've traced pushing "Where-used list" in my system and that's what I got:

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you look (if allowed to PFCG) at standard SAP roles like SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER (Roles in Back-End System, Single Roles, Basis Components, Basis (BC), ABAP Developer, navigate in the documentation to get your more adequate role) then ask basis.

Regards;

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU53 just says T_code SE80 is missing, no other objects.

I don't have the profile of developer so no developer role nor S_Develop authorization. but I have a technical profile: my collegues and I are often in need to look into tables but have difficulties in finding the correct table because of this lack of authorization.

as they do not want to give us SE80, I was wondering if there is a way around it.