Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory UI properties not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had tried to create an Determination in my node for dynamic propertychange.

With no check box is chosen in the Request, Read  & write Node.

Node Category Assignment Before retrieve.

With Node Property change trigger as Update.

By doing this , While updating the node , the determination is fired and execution is coming to the determination but My mandatory UI properties is not set with set_attribute_manadatory. But set_attribute_read_only is working fine.

Can you tell me what is the reason?

Currently our system is with this configuration- WEBUI 731 package 5.

Regards,

Partha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

there are two different kinds of "mandatory":

a) The value must be filled while each modification

b) The value must be filled at save

Thus BOPF can't decide which is the "mandatory" you prefer. However you can just configure the validation "/BOBF/CL_LIB_V_MANDATORY_ATTR" to that node (either action validation at save or consistency validation). Please see the class documentation how to configure that validation.

Best regards

Tilmann

3 REPLIES 3

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

there are two different kinds of "mandatory":

a) The value must be filled while each modification

b) The value must be filled at save

Thus BOPF can't decide which is the "mandatory" you prefer. However you can just configure the validation "/BOBF/CL_LIB_V_MANDATORY_ATTR" to that node (either action validation at save or consistency validation). Please see the class documentation how to configure that validation.

Best regards

Tilmann

0 Kudos

Hello Tilmann,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me in determination why read-only works fine?

Regarding the Validation , I have already created a Consistency check validation and giving an error message for the Mandatory .

But I want to know, Why Read-only works and mandatory is not working with determination.

Regards,

Partha.

0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

"mandatory" can have two different semantics (either mandatory at save or mandatory for each single modification). Thus there is no inbuilt BOPF logic to validate this property - but that's the reason for the library validation mentioned above which can be either configured for save or for each modification - depending on your use case. By the way: That validation evaluates the mandatory properties set by your determination.

In case of readonly there is only one single semantic (to display the attribute readonly). That's why this logic is automatically validated.

Best regards

Tilmann