cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How manage timeout Session using java SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone !

I'm working with BO 4.1 and the Java SDK. I'm refreshing and exporting webi reports in my code. But it happens, sometimes, the report takes longer to refresh (when calling "setPrompts") and the session is over (timeout like when you're connected in the Launchpad).

Is there any specific way for me to test if the call to setPrompts ends without timeout? Because, now, if it ends by a timeout, I do not see anything and I'm exporting a blank document. No error or exception 😕

Do I have to use de EnterpriseSession?

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

To understand BO session management, refer to the below document.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2013/11/27/session-management-bible

How do you specify that there is a timeout? Do you get timeout errors in web intelligence server logs?

Check whether enterprise session is still valid.

What is the approximate time delay you observe for setPrompts when you observe the timeout?

-Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

In fact, when my instruction "setPrompts" is launch, if the report is not refreshed in the next 40 minutes, the instruction stop and the rest of the code is execute with no exception coming from setPrompts instruction (method).

40 minutes has been configured by our administrator on the server.

So the reason "Why the setPrompts stop after 40 minutes" is understand by our side, we only look for a way, after calling the instruction "setPrompts", to know if the instruction finished normally or 'cause of a timeout 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any information?