cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5NW Username Change Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been having a weird issue when a user has a name change. As an example, I have an initial user (DOMAIN\clwho) that has access to BPC and everything is working fine. She gets married and changes her user ID (DOMAIN\cwdoe) in active directory and requests that her new ID has the same access in BPC as the old one. If we add the new credentials to BPC and assign it all the same rights and stop there then everything is fine. However, if we delete the old username (DOMAIN\clwho) then she can no longer log in. The message we get is that DOMAIN\clwho doesn't have permission even though we're attempting to log in with DOMAIN\cwdoe.

Any idea why this is happening? I thought there would be something in active directory causing it, but the guys who manage that tell me that they don't see anything mapping DOMAIN\cwdoe to DOMAIN\clwho. I'd like to be able to just add DOMAIN\clwho back into BPC, but that ID no longer exists in AD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

In AD for each user you have SID that is not changed when you rename the user. This SID is stored in BPC with user ID. Looks like when you delete the old it's deleting by SID. Try to delete old and new ID and recreate the new ID with all access profiles...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

I did try to remove everything for that user from the Admin Console and then just recreate the access for the new user id, but it still doesn't work. Do you know which table references the SID and User ID? I tried to find something in all of the UJE_* tables, but no luck.

Thanks,

Jimmy

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups, try to test this user on another workstation or completely remove and reinstall bpc client...

May be some local info creates issues!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

Unfortunately, that doesn't resolve the issue either. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jimmy