cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted key figure doesn't work when restricted objected used in Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've a requirement where user wants to restrict ABC key figure with z object. This z objects also used in structure as well, because of that this restricted key figure is not working.

We understand it can't be used in two structure and user wants to keep this object in structure as well.

Is there a workaround to make it work?

Requirement brief overview:

Say I've restricted key figure gross avail percentage and which is restricted by retail group A and B. This retail group is also used in Structure as well (in row). As said users want to keep retails group in structure and want to restrict only one key figure with two retail group A and B.

But this combination is not working. Please can someone recommend any other way to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

You can create a new characteristic using z object as reference. Assign the same as z in the transformation. Then in the query you can z in the structure and the new characteristic in restricted kyf.

Hope it gives an idea

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Thanks for reply. It seems a good recommendation, but I forgot to mention, this is navigational attribute -- and there are 100 of value for this and it is restricted only for 2. How we can achieve here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

can we use Virtual char, and populate this nav attr values at runtime to this char and use it one of these places?

Regards,
Sakthi

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Then you can add a new navigational attribute to 0customer (or you can add zretgrp directly to your infocube without creating any new characteristic, you assign it from master data in transformation).

In the query use 0customer_zretgrp in the structure. Then in the key figure use the new nav. attr you have created (or use directly zretgrp coming from infoprovider), restrict it with the two retail groups. Now you will have a view such as:

Structure

GroupA

GroupB

GroupC

... (100 rows)

and only for the restricted key figure group a and group B will have a value. Other key figures will be calculated for each retail group. Is that OK?

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasmine,

I done what you suggested but I'm not getting value under this new info-object which is nav attribute of customer. I'm getting data old retail group but not under new. Why is that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

have you updated the 0customer for this new nav attr gettign loaded?

Regards.

Sakthi

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Sakthi has already asked the same question I would ask . You need a full upload of data ( I hope in the transformation you have made the assignment the same as the retailer group.)

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasmine,

Yes, I've reloaded the data again. Also, I've mapped correctly in cube. But still I can't see data.

I've checked customer master data , there is no data for this field.

In transformation I've mapped retail group with the new field as well.

When I tried to activate master data , it's saying it's possible only via attribute change run.

I've realised 0CUSTOMER_ZRETGRP (old field) also used in two aggregates.

Do I need to add this in aggregates?

How to activate master data so data will appear in cube?

Is there any programme to activate via attribute change run?

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run attribute change run for your info object Or

Go to your info object-->right click-->activate master data.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, i tried to activate master data but it's DIRECT ACTIVATE NOT POSSIBLE. USE CHANGE RUN.

As it's automatic update via process chain, then how to do activate just for this master data

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your prcoess chain have only 0cusotmer data flow then you can trigger  attribute process chain.

it may finish load and ACR in minutes.

or

You can use program - RSDDS_ATTR_CHANGERUN

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

You need to reload the data to 0customer. I am not sure about the procedure you applied. I assume you added a new attribute to 0customer. In the infoprovider you only need to select this new attribute as navigational (No need for reloading the infocube). Then in the query you will see 0customer_znewattr and 0customer_zoldattr. If you reload data to 0customer both fields will be filled. After the data load, to activate the master data you need to execute attribute change run. For running attribute change, select 0customer and on the tools menu select apply hierarchy/attribute change.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemine,

I did same steps as you told. Do you mean data won't appear until run attribute change run? As nav attributes of this attribute is used in aggregates, so it's not possible to activate manually.

When I'm trying to do the steps you told, it's saying me you've not selected your master data.

Any way I'll wait overnight load to run if it didn't work.

Thanks,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemine,

I did run attribute change run and data is coming for new info -object ZRETGRP1 but in the report data is incorrect for this when it's used in restricted key figure.

Old Ino-object ZRETGRP is used in Aggregates, Is that the reason it's giving wrong result?

Do I need to add new object as well in aggregates?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can someone reply as above solution suggested by Yasemine doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

In master data table, both the attributes are having same data? Please confirm that.

And regarding aggregates, there is no issue with that, since you are saying old attribute is coming correct.. but plz check once in the master data level. accordingly you can rebuild your aggregates and check.

Regards,

Sakthi

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Try to create a new aggregate adding the new characteristic. You can also inactivate and activate the aggregates once more.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked all values are same in cube and master data table. Also, I added this in aggregates but still it's not coming correctly in report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all checked. everything is same now in cube and master data table but still wrong value in report for this retricted key figure.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Is it possible you share the screenshot of your query and how you defined the structure and rkf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply. your solution worked.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am glad the issue is solved. Please close the thread by selecting an answer as correct or share your solution if you didn't use any, then anyone facing the same problem can get advantage.

Regards

Yasemin...