cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC10MS: Multiple Fomulas per Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a probably quite simple question, but did not find any information about this so far. Maybe you can help?

Once I create a second Hierachy in BPC10 I get (instead of the FOMRULA-Column in the member sheet) two new Columns FROMULAH1 and FORMULAH2.

Does that mean, that one member can now have two values (one value for each FORMULAHx-Column)? That seems a bit odd to me, as due to my understanding one member can only have one certain value at a time.

If that assumption is correct, the follow up question would be: Why are there two columns and when should I use which one?

Thank you very much for any help,

Best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

in the formula you can reference summation accounts. These are different between H1 and H2, so any formula in FORMULAH1 uses accounts as per the H1 and any formula in FORMULAH2 uses accounts as per the H2 hierarchy.

BR,

Arnold

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Does that mean, that one member can now have two values (one value for each FORMULAHx-Column)? That seems a bit odd to me, as due to my understanding one member can only have one certain value at a time.

yes, you're right, you can put different formulas for a children in different hierarchies

If that assumption is correct, the follow up question would be: Why are there two columns and when should I use which one?

they are calculated members, one children could have a value inside one hierarchy and another value inside the second hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

thank you for your answer!

Do you know of any documentation for that topic? I would like to completely understand dimension Formulas.

Thanks again and best regards,

Marco

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,
I never see docs about dimension formulas, also in the course guide there are few lines other then help guide on MDX.

The best explanation I've found is How to Use MDX Dimension Formulas Article old but useful, see also the guide at the end of this old note 1102386 - Tips for writing formulas in OutlookSoft 5

Regards

Roberto