cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find parent ITEM in pr generated by MRP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please find below explanation and let me know what can be done.

We have implemented MRP for our finish goods.

For Example : I need to Produce ITEM Z001.

We prepared a bom.

We run MD02 and PRs generated automatically.

But since, some Raw Materials are very common in other products. But while checking PRs by number, we are unable to find that whcih material is for which Finish good.

Suppose BOM for Item Z001 is containing items A , B , & C.

Item B & C is used in many other Final products.

There are too many prs generated for items B & C.

How could I know which PR is for Which Final Product? Is there any indication in PR or any report that suggest us that particular PR is for this final product.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just double click the item in MD04 to get to the additional data of MRP element. and there click the icon for pegged requirements.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Generally, transaction MD09 or the procedure mentioned by Jurgen can be used.

However, keep in mind that there is no firmed link betweent the requirement and the receipt generated by MRP. That means, this information is not stored on any table and it's builded dynamically.

Check my answer on the thread below for more details:

BR

Caetano

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the components are to be identified specific to order, you may go for MTO scenario and generate PR with sales order as account assignment and receive the stock as sales order special stock. Refer the doc: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04ec1a0-c39b-2c10-6889-f6f69625f...

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not related to sales order.

This is related to Finish Products only. We are not making Products as per sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no std report for your requirement.

You first need to check the PO order against the PR which is generated through MRP in MD04.

Later through production order you need to know the master data for BOM which was assigned to that PO order.

Later you need to check the BOM parent item.

Also have a look on below thread it might help you.....

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1935871