cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily working hours calculation but Half an hour flexi before start of planned time & shortfall hours calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to calculate daily working hours but Half an hour flexi before start of planned time & shortfall hours calculation if a person didn't completed 9 hours job.

We have different types of DWS, PWS & WSR for different PS/PSA & EG/ESG groupings.

We have a requirement for Executives/Officers (E0-E8/ S1-S2) for only one PSA (1100) for only one DWS(GFLX). In this requirement I want to calculate daily working hours but Half an hour flexi before start of planned time & shortfall hours calculation if a person didn't completed 9 hours job.

Please see the requirement and my configured DWS and PCR's in detail with example and suggest me the solution:-

Overview

I want to calculate (Please take the reference from DWS screenshot)

1. daily working hours, but starting from first Begin Tolerance Time
  2. Shortfall of hours if 9 hours not completed, but again starting from first Begin Tolerance Time, although employee has come before Begin Tolerance Time

I've configured one DWS as below,

Requirement:-

The planned shift timings is 9:30 - 18:30. Employees should work and complete 9 hrs in a day, but this 9 hours should be counted only from 9:00 (i.e. Begin tolerance time). It means. In time should not consider before 9:00.

1. Suppose 1st day employee punch In time is 9:00 then he has to work up to 18:00, then only 9 hours of working will be completed & no shortfall will be calculated.

In above case, if Out time is 17:00 then shortfall will be calculated 1.0 hours, because his working hours will be counted 8 hrs only.

2. Suppose 2nd day employee punch In time is 9:45 then he has to work up to 18:45, then only 9 hours of working will be completed & no shortfall will be calculated.

In above case, if Out time is 18:00 then shortfall will be calculated 0.75 hours, because his working hours will be counted 8.25 hrs only.

3. Suppose 3rd day employee punch In time is 8:30 then he has to work up to 18:00, then only 9 hours of working will be completed & no shortfall will be calculated. (In between 9:00 - 18:00 ). Here In time is 8:30 but system should consider and count from 9:00.

In above case, if Out time is 17:30 then shortfall will be calculated 0.5 hours, although he has worked 9 hrs.

4. Suppose 4th day employee punch In time is 10:11 then he will be marked as Late Come(as per DWS) and then he has to work up to 19:11, then only no shortfall will be calculated, because he completed 9 hours.

Now the below PCR is calculating Daily Working Hours,

Now the below PCR is calculating Late Coming Hours,

Overview

I know that use of begin tolerance time is different in from my requirement. Please guide me if this DWS configuration will not work.

As of now system is able to calculate Daily Working Hours (but not from the begin tolerance time), Late coming days and Late coming hours, but shortfall is not getting calculate properly.

Please give me the idea how to write PCR for these requirement, I know that my ZDHR PCR (Daily Working Hours) needs to change or replace to fulfill this requirements.

If you want any other details please let me know.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Is it true that your planned working hours starts on 09:30 am?

As per your example it would be 9:00 am to 18:00 pm which i think. After that you are calculating that he has completed 9 hours in a day or not. If not then based on this you will be deducting his salary. Am i correct?

So i think for this you need to write one PCR by which you will calculate time duration in between Clock In and Clock Out and will validate with HRS?9. If it's more that equal to 9 then it's ok if shortfall hours then it will be kept in one time type and pass it to ZL wage type on daily basis. Month end this will be evaluated in Payroll schema for further valuation for Payment.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankarsan,

Yes, it's true. My planned working hours starts on 09:30 am and end on 18:30 pm. My calculation of 9 hours in a day will be start half an hour before 09:30 am i.e 9:00 am.

We don't have payroll in scope, I want only working hours, shortfall hours after time evaluation and it will be kept in time types, and displayed in report PT_BAL00.

My main requirement is calculation of working time & shortfall of hours and the start time will be from 9:00 am( half an hour before), although my planned working time is 09:30 am -18:30 pm.

please see my examples in previous post.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have already gone through your example and based on this i had reply.

Give me the answer that if Employees comes at 8:45 am and left 17:45pm then what you want?

Then i will provide you PCR and tell you where to insert in schema.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

If Employees comes at 8:45 am and left 17:45pm then, total working hours will be 8.75 hours and shortfall will be 0.25 hours. Because start time should count from 9:00 am.

But, If Employees comes at 9:45 am and left 18:45pm then, total working hours will be 9.00 hours and no shortfall. Because start time is after 9:00 am.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Ok i got it that your time starting comparison bench mark is 9 am. I am telling you the PCR design. Please try and let me know.

1. Create a one constant in T511k as value 9.

2. In your PCR you have to cross check your clock in less than 9 or more than 9.

a)If less than 9 then pass 9 into time type and it will be taken as clock in for that day. After that make a comparison with clock out time. Again you will cross check the difference value with constant if shortfall comes then pass it in another time type, if more the 9 then pass the value in another time type.

b)If more than 9 then make a comparison in between Clock in and Clock and difference again cross check with constant. Follow the same procedure like above.

This PCR you will insert after P2011 function with RTIP function.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankarsan,

In table T511K one constant TGMAX is already maintained as value 9.

So pls, give me the idea how to cross check my clock in less than 9 or more than 9 and other condition.

Give me the structure of PCR.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Create your PCR like below.

HRS=PBEG

HRS?CTGMAX

LEAVE

<

HRS=PEND

HRS-CTGMAX

HRS?CTGMAX

LEAVE

<

HRS=CTGMAX

HRS-D1001

ADDDB1002

HRS=0

ADDDB1001Z    

>

HRS=PEND

HRS-PBEG

ADDDB1001

HRS=D1001

HRS?CTGMAX

LEAVE

<

HRS=CTGMAX

HRS-D1001

ADDDB1002

HRS=0

ADDDB1001Z

Use this PCR with function RTIP and inster after P2011 function in time  schema.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

During evaluation this PCR is not processing any data.

Pls check my PCR, Schema and Log.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

Change the function PTIP and in PAR3 use GEN.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

After changing the function PTIP and I used GEN in PAR2, because in PAR3 error was coming.

After the changes PCR is processing as below for three different IN time :

1. when IN time is 8:45

and in this case, ZES table No Time type is showing which is wrong because he worked from 8:45 to 18:30 it means 9:30 hours (calculation should start from 9:00 am).

2. when IN time is 9:15

and in this case, ZES table Time type 9002 is showing 9.25 hours which is correct because he worked 9.25 hours.

3. when IN time is 10:30

and in this case, ZES table Time type 9003 is showing 9.00 hours which is wrong because he worked only 8 hours.

Pls suggest.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sorry i said wrong it would be in PAR2.

Modify the PCR like below in two section

1st Section

HRS=PEND

HRS-CTGMAX

ADDDB1003

HRS?CTGMAX

=

HRS=CTGMAX

ADDDB1002

<

HRS=CTGMAX

HRS-D1001

ADDDB1002

HRS=0

ADDDB1001Z 

>

HRS=D1003

ADDDB1002

2nd Section.

HRS=PEND

HRS-PBEG

ADDDB1001

HRS=D1001

HRS?CTGMAX

=

HRS=CTGMAX

ADDDB1002

<

HRS=CTGMAX

HRS-D1001

ADDDB1002

HRS=0

ADDDB1001Z

>

HRS=D1001

ADDDB1002

Change your time type accordingly.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankarsan,

After the changes done in PCR, it is processing in time evaluation as below for three different IN time :

I have taken your Time type 1001=9012 (Daily working hours), Time type 1002=9013(Shortfall hours) & Time type 1003=9014 (Daily working hours-only for storage). Am i understood correctly?

1. when IN time is 8:45

and in this case, ZES table Time type 9014 and 9013 both are showing 9.50 hrs which is wrong because he worked from 8:45 to 18:30 it means 9:30 hours (calculation should start from 9:00 am). So time type 9012 should show 9 hrs working and time type 9013 should show no shortfall hours(no value)

2. when IN time is 9:15

and in this case, ZES table Time type 9012 is showing 9.25 working hours which is correct because he worked 9.25 hours, but Time type 9013 is also showing 9.25 hours shortfall which is not correct.

3. when IN time is 10:30

and in this case, ZES table Time type 9013 is showing 1.00 hours shortfall which is correct because he worked only 8 hours. But didn't display Time type 9012 for working hours.

Pls suggest.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check the attached PCR where TTy 9013 is used for shortfall hours and 9014 is used for daily working hours.

In the time type only maintained 1 in day balance.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Is it closed?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Our DEV client is not working, so unable to do the any changes.

I'll let you know when it'll working. Our BASIS team is working on it.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Many Thanks to you...

My issue got resolved, but now my late come PCR is not working. I'm giving you the screen shot, Pls check and tell me where to change.

Requirement:- Suppose Planned working time is 09:30 - 18:30 (Same DWS)

If employee Punch IN is after 10:10 (10:11 onward) then it should mark as late come and late hours should be count from planned start time (09:30)

TType 9000 = Late hours

TType 9001 = Late come day

And where to put this PCR in schema?

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Open it as new thread.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Issue closed.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you open your new thread?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Yes, This is the link for that and you already replied for the same also.

Monday I'll access system and do the changes as suggestion's given by members.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Answers (0)