cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Material directly in active area without approval process ( Bypasing Staging)

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have one requirement where Material need to be created directly in active area with out any approval process.

So I need to bypass staging area data store.

Please give your valuable input to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Samrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From the discussion above, I can understand this is a requirement. However, I would like to understand the reasoning behind this requirement. The whole point behind MDG is to avoid direct creation of master data and instead "govern" the process first. If you are going to create material, then use MM01 directly as Sanjay suggested.

If you are looking for a web-based UI, you are better off looking for a standard Web Dynpro application (or create your own) instead of mis-using the MDG application.

In any case, you can't completely by-pass the staging area. However, you can configure a single-step rule-based workflow such that the material goes into "activation" immediately. Keep in mind that the material will not be available immediately, but will take a few minutes depending on your system configuration until the material is activated completely in the system. Error handling, etc. will need to be done on the MDG layer which could prove to be an unnecessary burden should you decide to go this route.

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah ,

I  need your valuable input  whether is it achievable or not.

If yes then how can we achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my response above:

"In any case, you can't completely by-pass the staging area. However, you can configure a single-step rule-based workflow such that the material goes into "activation" immediately. Keep in mind that the material will not be available immediately, but will take a few minutes depending on your system configuration until the material is activated completely in the system. Error handling, etc. will need to be done on the MDG layer which could prove to be an unnecessary burden should you decide to go this route."

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Are you referring that these configurations can be controlled by BRF+ table entries?

I tried modifying the single value decision table for entry 00 and made the new change request step column to 99(Also tried 91), but still I couldn't see the material getting created directly at the active area. It is still expecting me to choose the Activate button(similar to the role of approver) from my workflow inbox.

Could you elaborate how to achieve this?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

00 should to go another step; for example 10. step 10 should be the activation step so you should populate the non-agent table with the activation process type. then, step 10 should go to 99 if activation is successful (output is 31).

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks  Abdullah. It works.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Are you mean to say that, In this case CR is created but having only activate push button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No "activate" button; only the "submit" button will take it to activation right away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool; please mark this question "answered."

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

You can modify the Single value user decision table for material by updating the "New Change request Step" column value to 91(instead of 90) for conditional alias 1.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat

You can create it direcly in ECC using MM01.MDG meand Mastern Data Governance (Governance is noting but approval processes)

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay ,

My requirement is to create the material in MDG itself with out any governance.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samart

It is not possible as active data always stores data in ECC table like MARA and not in MDG Tables