cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concept of spares procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know what is the standard process of spares procurement as per SAP. I understand that materials will be consumed through Storage Loacations as against Maintenance orders. So unless there is a breakdown or preventive maintenace job done the materials cannot be consumed. So the value of inventory rises. Materials procured under Non Stock type donot have provision for materials not being charged for long. So ideally should they come under Stock materials?Please advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my experience, we always manage Spare Parts as stock materials. The planning is done with reorder point and the we consider variable price.

These materials are received into the inventory in different ways, these are the most frequent options:

- against a purchase orders. The Reorder point and MRP will generate replenishment orders that will be converted into Purchase Orders.

- against a maintenance order, that will generate a requisition which will be converted into a purchase orders. In this case, the maintenance order works as a collector.

The consumption can also be made in different ways. These are the most commons:

- consume against a cost center

- consume against a maintenance order

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for a prompt reply

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to define the material as SPAR. Against a PM Order, a Purchase Requistion (PR) will be generated against which a corresponding Purchase Order will be created. GR will be done and material will go in stock. The material will be issued either with reference to an Order or reservation.

Yes normally spare materials do come under stock material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for a prompt reply

regards