cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Barcode Scan field in Agentry SMP 3.0 WindowsCE Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently implementing Inventory Manager 4.0 and have a need to default the cursor to the Barcode Scan field when navigating from a menu screen to a transaction screen. However, a blank screen displays with just a Cancel and OK button instead of just showing the transaction screen with the cursor defaulted to Barcode Scan field. Is there a way to skip this blank screen if we default the focus to a Barcode Scan field and just display the transaction screen with the cursor defaulted to the Barcode Scan field?

Second issue we are having is that the Barcode Scan field does not trigger the scanner automatically. User still needs to manually turn on the wedge scanner, which is the software provided by Motorola, to enable the scanner. From my understanding, using a Barcode Scan field will supposedly enable the scanner of the WindowsCE devices.

Thanks!

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) It sounds like you have Full Pop-up screens enabled. Go to a non Transaction Screen and click on the Agentry Symbol and select No-poput

2) The Agentry clients have 2 cursors.  1 for the user to see, and a second one for the barcode.  This way if a screen has barcode scanning field the user will just the button and scan the field and the data will go in, and then the barcode cursor will move to the next barcode field.

In your client folder do you have the AgentryScanner.dll file?  This is the Dll file the client uses to call the scanner.  One way to know if it working or not, on the barcode scanning fields you will see a little barcode button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We have disabled all pop-ups but the pop-up screen still comes out automatically when the focus is defaulted to the Barcode Scan screen.

We also tried to log out then log in again but the result is the same. Could this be a device support issue or are there other settings that we can try?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I remember hearing about a support issue that was the same before I left.  If I remember correction in that case, they ended up not setting the focus to a field but just to the screen and move the field to first spot on the screen and the list of fields on the screen.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Sorry I am not able to follow on the steps. Can you please give some more details?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Navigation Step don't set a focus field

In the screen set the barcode field to position 1.

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have to turn on the wedge scanning using Motorola provided software then the Agentry client is not loading the correct scanner dll.   The barcode scan field will display a scan button if the client detects a scanner has been enabled.  You need to make sure when you installed the client that you selected the correct scanner interface.

What device are you trying to use?  Are you sure it is on the supported devices list?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We will try out the steps you suggested and let you know.

Hi Bill,

We have checked and the devices are currently not in the supported list (MC3190 and FR6070). We will have the devices certified.

Thanks!