cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Cut over upload in SAP at Go-Live.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have to start Asset Accounting from 01.04.2014 onwards. I have done necessary configuration for Asset Accounting. Now I have also received the cut over data as on 31.03.2014 .

For Ex : - Asset name (xerox machine)  , Purchase value (Rs 1 lakh) , current wdv value 80000 as on 31.03.2014 , useful life remaining 2 year , Depriciated value 20000 etc...

Now how can I upload this in SAP with all details ? and when uploading what things I must consider

Please guide .

Regards

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

1. Specify transfer date/last closed fiscal year

2. Specify last period dep. posted in OAYC

3. Prepare a excel sheet with required field values

4.Upload the assets through LSMW by using t.code. AS91

5. Delete the asset reconciliation accounts in OAK5

6. Upload asset balances in FI in OASV

7. After uploading the above, reset the reconciliation accounts in OAK5

8. Compare the FI-AA balances by ABST2

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Thanks for your reply.

As per my requirement and your reply, let me sum it out in this way.

1. Specify transfer date/last closed fiscal year

I have to choose 31.3.2014 as Take-over date (Right / Wrong)  

2. Specify last period dep. posted in OAYC

I have to choose 2013 in both area "01" and "15" (Right / Wrong)  

3. Prepare a excel sheet with required field values - Done

4.Upload the assets through LSMW by using t.code. AS91

While creating a dummy , as per current setting it has a mandatory field of Capitalization date . What to write here , if client didnot provide capitalization date.

5. Delete the asset reconciliation accounts in OAK5

Asset GL should not have a Reco field . Done

6. Upload asset balances in FI in OASV

In OASV I have to choose 31.03.2014 in posting date . In the next screen under Document lines which GL to be picked . I mean what to write there. Please guide.

7. After uploading the above, reset the reconciliation accounts in OAK5

Asset GL should be posted by Asset Sub-GL . Done.

8. Compare the FI-AA balances by ABST2

Here I have to compare the FI balance (manually posted with FB01) and AA balance (posted through OASV)

Please guide step wise.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

1.Right

2.Here you have to specify as 12.2013..If you have calculated the accumulated depreciation in the legacy system as on 31.03.2014

4. Ask your client to provide the capitalization date. If not, you can provide 31.03.2014 and also maintain the ordinary depreciation start date as 01.04.2014.

6. You have to select the asset GLs and accumulated depreciation GLs. The entry will be:

Asset A/c Dr

Accumulated Depreciation Cr

Legacy balance clearing A/c Cr

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Now I am testing in dev server and got 2 issues. When I am creating a legacy asset through AS91 , it gives me an error like

"

Current fiscal year 2013 has to be after transfer date 31.03.2014 "

What is the error means ?

2. When going to OAYC and trying to change the Fiscal year system it does not allow me to edit even after clicking the change button.

Plese guide

Regards

Soumya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

1. Which date have you maintained in Specify transfer date/last closed fiscal year? If you have maintained as 31.03.2014. Then run AJRW and open the new fiscal year as 2014. After that do the transactions.

2.After done the above, try to maintain the period.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukhtar,

I do the same way as directed by you. But still while creating a legacy asset via AS91 , it gives an error like

Current fiscal year 2013 has to be after transfer date 31.03.2014 "

Don't know where the error comes from ? Please guide.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Please provide the screen shot of the steps what you are doing.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Enclosed is the screen shots by order.

1. Close Fiscal Year - 31.03.2014

2. Asset Depreciation setting - Unable to modify even after clicking change button (OAYC)

3. AJRW Process.

4. Error while doing AS91

Please guide what I am missing ? and also what to be done.

Regards

Soumya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

Please run AJRW in back group after removing test run. After that you try to post AS91 and let me know if you have any error.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Mukhtar,

I run it on background and it works. Cheers .let me work on it tell you if any other problem occurs.

Thanks buddy.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Please check screen image no.2 regarding "Display View- Period in which Depreciation was posted".

Will this filed be left as blank as shown in image or something to be input here.

Please guide. Because I am unable to modify it even after clicking change button.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

This step only need if you are transferring the asset in during the fiscal year.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukhtar,

I have a query.

1.  Suppose my client has a fixed asset (Ex-Xerox Machine) is having asset value of 50000 and depreciation value of 5000 as on 31.03.2014

Then when I will create a legacy asset via AS91 , where I will put these values.

2. Suppose the FIxed Asset group computer has only 4 items. Lets say A B C D. Then I have to put the cumilative of A B C D (as on 31.03.2014) via OASV . Then only I can compare the cumilative value of A B C D in ABST2 with all the assets created under Computer group via AS91.

Is it right or wrong ?

Please guide.

Regards

Soumya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

1.After providing description,capitalization date,cost centre in AS91, you have to select take over values button, here you have to input the said values in the fields cum.acquis.val & Accm.ord.deprec and save it.

2. Right

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thanks.

As per your reply I have to put amount 5000 in Cum.acquis.Value field and 50 in Accm.ord.deprc field.

is is so ? If yes then why the field of Accm.ord.deprc is greyed ? Please check the image attached herewith and suggest accordingly .

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Please check the below IMG node, have you selected the check box for the co.code?

FA(New)-Asset accounting-Asset data transfer - options - specify entry of net book value

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukhtar,

I did the same as mentioned by you. But still this filed appeared as grey. Please check the image.

And also kindly tell me what are the best practices . in order to upload Asset from legacy system .

Asset go-live date 01.04.2014. Asset closing to be taken till 31.03.2014

So asset wise what figures to be considered for best practices.

We used to follow W.D.V for depreciation calculation.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

You have to remove the check box for the co.code. Then only system will allow you to post. Generally as per WDV method, you have to upload net book values of the asset. No need to maintain accumulated depreciation separately.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Previously It was removed. So this should not be ticked.ticked. Ok.

Now kindly guide me what values should be updated in the takeover values via AS91. What if the client wants to view depreciation value as on 31.03.2014 or generally it does not happen this way.

If you could guide me with an example then I will be grateful you.

For Ex : - Asset take over value , depreciated value as per company act / IT act etc. My Go live date is 01.04.2014 and asset take over date is 31.03.2014.

Asset Name - Xerox Machine , Asset value --- ????  , Asset Depriciated value as  per company act / IT act --????

What to consider for asset upload. Please guide..Please .

Regards

Soumya

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Somethings are difficult to explain in detail.

Hope the following would help you.

If 31.03.2014 is your fiscal year, I would expect the following values to be entered in AS91.

Assets purchased on or before 31.03.2014

Enter Accumulated Acquisition Value

Enter Accumulated Depreciation

Enter Depreciation postings made during the current year

Assets purchased on or after 01.04.2014 (believe this is your new fiscal year starting date)

You would get transactions tab, enter the transactions with the relevant transaction type.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Ravi

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

You have to input  asset value in Accumulated Acquisition Value and accumulated depreciation  value in the Accumulated Depreciation field.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply and guidance.

My Fiscal year starts from April to March. So as per my understanding I have to put Accumulated Acquisition Value - Asset wise via AS91 in Cum.acquis.val. and for

Accumulated Depreciation - Asset wise via AS91. (and in take over values button) I am unable to put Accumulated Depreciation under Accm.ord.deprec field. This field is greyed. So should I make any customization or is there any other way around.

Please guide where should I put values for legacy asset.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Please follow Murali's advise. You should change the status of company code

Further to clarify, the accumulated acquisition and accumulated depreciation must be the values at the end of your fiscal year, which is 31.03.2014

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your reply again. As I check my status it is already 2 (not Zero). Should I make it Zero in order to activate the fields which is greyed out in AS91 (take over values) or what should I follow ?

Please guide.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the capitalisation date of your asset?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your configuration in OAYF

Remove the check box for "Calcul." for your depreciation area and it should resolve your issue.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

1. Client is unable to provide actual purchase date of all the legacy assets. Hence we take the date as 31.03.2014 (kindly guide its pros and cons).

2. I remove the tick box from OAYF . But still the field is greyed in AS91.

I just want to know where I could maintain depricated rates as per Asset and cumilative value as per Asset  as on 31.03.2014.

Please check the images.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

It is up to the business to decide what is the capitalisation date. If they put wrong capitalisation that means your financial books are wrong, that they may have some legal implications of the country where the client is.

If it is still not working means, you need to relook your configuration, probably, some other settings might be preventing this. I am not sure why it is not working.

We do not maintain depreciation rates, the system calculates as per the depreciation key.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your reply again. Please guide where I am wrong .

1. If the Asset take over date is 31.03.2014 (Go Live - 01.04.2014) , will the Accumulated Depreciation

calculated automatically or we have to put it manually asset wise. If automatically then what settings or transaction codes for that to do.

2. If manually then I might miss config in SAP. is it so?

Please guide what usually follows in my case.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Please check the attached image and let me know it is right or wrong.I followed the below link.

But I keep my transfer date as 31.03.2014.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Accumulated depreciation is going to be inputted, it is not intended for automatic calculation.

This should be entered in AS91 while data take over.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, transfer date still remains 31.03.2014

The only issue you need to look why the Accumulated Ordinary Depreciation is greyed out. Not sure how you are able to enter 5000.00 in your accum.ord. depreciation field. Is it calculated by the system? Then, it is not right, you should enter the accumulated balance at the end of 31.03.2014 (your year end)

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

You are right . I create a new company code and do all the settings . The screen is not grey now. Actually I got the mistakes . I have posted some asset entries in that fiscal year and that was the reason the field was grey.

Thanks for you guidance.

Regards

Soumya

I