cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up connection to SAP server on SAP Logon Pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SAP on my desktop at Home successfully. It is up and running fine. The desktop is connected to Router.

I have a laptop with SAP logon Pad. How do i setup the connection on my Laptop Logon Pad to connect to my SAP on my desktop?

The following is what i tried:

1. I am able to Remote desktop connect to my desktop successfully from anywhere as i setup Port forwarding in my Router. Now i am able to RDC to my desktop from anywhere even from my office network. So now i know that my desktop is reachable from anywhere.

2. I have setup Port forwarding to SAP in my router with default port assuming as 3200. I have setup the connection in my Laptop Logon Pad as the IP address concatenated wtih the Port number. For. Ex: IF the IP of my modem is 75.72.180.164. and my desktop IP is 192.168.2.3 then i setup Port forwarding in my router as 3200 Port <-> SAP<>192.168.2.3 and i had the IP address on the logon pad as 75.72.180.164.3200. So i thought when the request reaches the IP it will look for 3200 Port in router and send it to the local IP which is 192.168.2.3 which is my desktop and it will invoke my SAP. This concept didn't work. I am not sure if i am going in the right path.

Please let me know what i should be doing to connect to my desktop SAP server from my laptop Logon Pad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to provide IP address as application server, system instance number and system SID if you are not using the log on load balancing.

Put this settings and check once if you are able to connect to SAP. Please not SAP system should be properly up for successful connection