cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO/BW versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to set up a new system for our internal team that will get BI training. Our Basis team has asked me if they can provide me the exact version of it.

Earlier I proposed them BI 7.4 , but now I feel if it's better to go with BO 4.1 as it has BI version in-built.

If anyone can put more highlight on this, that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BW7.4 - is your backend (for DataWarehousing, so where you create data flows)

BO4.1 - is your frontend (where you create reports)

BI is a "general" term for Business Intelligence... it does not refer to a product as such

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check PAM in SAP Service Market Place , it will Provide detail info.

BO 4.1 as it has BI version in-built. : in 4.1 it has tight integartion with BW ,where we can pull bex queries directly into BO through BICS Conn.

Thanks

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BO.4.1 is the businees object (BOBJ version)

BI 7.4  is the BW on HANA system.

BI is the analytical tool but the BO 4.1 is the reporting tool delivered by SAP.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kodanda,

I want to know if with BO 4.1 we get BI 7.x also and we can create infocubes etc. ?

if we get BI 7.4 , can we run it normally even without hana backend just for training purpose ?

Thanks,

Max

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

saparate instalation for BI and BO.

we can create the cubes in BI not in the BO.

we can run with out HANA system BI 7.4.

down load the verions from the SAP service market place

Thanks,

Phani.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your fresher's are not familiar with HANA, better to use BW 7.3 and BO latest versions.

BO - just like front end and reporting layer.

BW - backend data base where data has been saved at cubes/dso.

if possible to install bw 7.4 with out hana then its better to go with it.

if you go with hana you may need mnore DB and RAM as well. cost will be more.

if your company is not thinking about cost then you can install bw7.4 with hana. in future purpose thsoe migth be useful.

Thanks

former_member183425
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

HANA is a data base, where data will be stored and sorted. Where as in BI we will create infocubes, DSO, Multiprovider or what ever Infoprovider, it will just hit the data base and get the data accordingly...

After having infoprovider we will design the Queries based on the business requirement in Business Explorer...

The Queries which have been created in BI (Business Explorer) will be made available for the Reporting in BOBJ by doing some connection..i.e BI and BOBJ Integration.

You are talking about training purpose, so you do not load data regularly from data base, because you will play with the data from Infoproviders, so you can run the report even with out data base connection.

Regards,

G S Ramanjaneyulu.