cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use both static and dynamic parameters in single report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to use both static and dynamic parameters in a single report?

I am using crystal report 2013.

For Example:

I have 5 levels of parameters in a report for filtering the records. level 1 is a static parameter to get start and end date(range parameter) as input and others are dynamic cascading parameters.

Based on selection of date range, rest 4 levels should be filtered viz. :

level 2 is Requisitioners

level 3 is Requisitions

level 4 is Budget Category

level 5 is Item Category

Further on selection of level 2, rest all parameter levels should get filter and so on. The issue here is LOV(list of values) in each parameter is filtered on selection of preceding parameter only.

If it is possible, please let me know how can it be done or else kindly suggest a workaround solution for same.

Thanks,

Karan Sheth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

No! You cannot have a Static prompt that is a filtering source for the subsequent dynamic prompts.

Have a look at Patrick's workaround (and other workarounds) for filtering the prompts based on a Date Range here:

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your reply. The link was very helpful. I have never used BVM, is it a freeware or licensed one.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a part of the client tools that come with BusinessObjects Enterprise or Crystal Reports Server. And yes, you should be able to download the client tools for no cost - you just need an S-user ID to logon to the Service Maket Place.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I tried downloading SAP BO 4.0 from market place. I have downloaded Server part 1,Server part 2,

Server part 3,Server part 4 and client tools.

But while installing i got error for Windows server 2008 as I am installing on windows 7 machine.

I have installed SAP CRYSTAL REPORTS 2013 version 14.1.1.1036. Can you please tell me how can I proceed further to get an access to business view manager.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do the Client Tools install - NOT the server install!

-Dell

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also create a custom parameter control set using webelements. parameters can be static or dynamic and you can also hide show different controls. you would need to be using businessobjects enterprise or crystal reports server as these are used in the dhtml viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I have installed client tools. But still unable to connect to business view manager as I need to setup CMS for business objects. How do I configure that as I am not accessing any sever? its a local machine. And during client tools installation there was no such step for CMS configuration.

Please help.

Thanks,

Karan Sheth

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Please start a new discussion for this topic per SCN's rules.

-Abhilash

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports viewers listed at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html allows you to create an additional type of cascading dynamic parameters whereby other rpt files can act as parameters that can cascade further to their own static/dynamic parameters.