cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx: Select filter value - Combination search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking for some expert advice here.

I have a simple BEx Query which display's long text and Revenue $ key figure information.

Is there a way to select the records based on combination search.

For example from the below dataset, I would like to select all the records which either contains PMO or Analytics.

DescriptionRevenue $
PMO - Project 1100,000
Activity - PMO200,000
Audit - Data analytics150,000
PMO - Data Analytics75,000
Big Data - Project 115,000
Big Data - POC5,000
Hardware212,000
Result757,000

We are currently on SAP BW 7.30 SP12 and use BEx Web reports. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can add a manual input variable (with more than one selection) to  You may try creating a query view selecting *PMO* and *Analytics*. Then you can use this query view.

Hope it gives an idea

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yasemin,

Using replacement path query variable we can implement this custom search.

Standard BEx doesn't offer this functionality and I guess the business have to use Text Analytic tool for this kind of filtering.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

thanks foe sharing your solution, will you please explain it a bit in detail how you use the replacement path query variable, I just couldn't get it. Is it you are creating another query and filtering all PMO and Analytics related values. (If so, you can directly filter them in the query too). I will be very pleased if you can give more detail...

thanks

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Its quite simple.

Query 1:

This query will behave as replacement path Query. This query has a customer exit variable on Description info-object.

This query can accept input such as

1. *PMO*
  2. *PMO* || *Analysis*

User has to explicitly specify the sign "||" for multiple search criteria.

Customer exit reads this input and identified the Description id's as query output.

Query 2: This query will receive a list of all the Description id's. The second query will display all the relevant Description with additional details.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Vinay.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I still couldn't get the use of replacement path query. Can't you directly create a customer exit variable on description infoobject in the second query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, definitely we can. We were hoping for few enhancements to the standard "Select filter value" which could have help us to perform combination search. But no luck.

We didn't implement this solution.

We may be looking at other Text analytic solutions available in the market.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation Vinay, good luck with that. I hope you share your experiences if you find something usefull...

Regards

Yasemin...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried Contains Pattern and will work only for variable of type selction option.

*PMO.

Thanks.