Material code change for old materials
1st is it possible to change material code to old materials?
As per our forums… Material code cannot be change to old materials codes.
Please advise if anybody knows to change the material code to old materials
And What are the actions times need to take if we create new materials in place of olds materials at master data level as well as transaction data level.
Please find the some points as per my understanding and give your valuable suggestions for this issue
Master Data Level
1. Need to create new materials with new material code as per business requirement.
2. For new material code , need to enter old material text for future reference and its depends upon the business requirement.
3. Need to transfers the remaining old material stock to New materials
4. Need to block the old materials once create the new materials
1. What about MIGO and MIRO transaction data which already posted to old materials.
2. What about old materials transaction data
3. Any activities need to perform from FI and CO prospective.
4. What about sales data which are already posted to old materials.
5. What activity need to perform from PP ,QM module side which were already posted process orders and etc.
Are there any other activities need to from other module at transaction data wise and Master data wise for old materials?
Thank you very much for your support.