Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard gateway enhancement: Using DPC or DPC_EXT and MPC or MPC_EXT classes

former_member193947
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I went through some blogs/links on enhancing Standard Gateway Service and i find them to be not clear. Few people mentioned about enhancement required in MPC for model and few told about MPC_EXT. Same applies for Data classes as well.

Can someone please point me about, difference between Base and Extension classes and also right blog/link to be followed while enhancing Standard Gateway ?

Thanks and Regards,

Seeker.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any enhancement related to Model/Service Implementation which includes adding of custom code/manual code, then it has to be done in MPC_EXT & DPC_EXT class.

The reason is when ever u change the Model or Service implementation in your GW Service builder, again run-time object should be regenerated in-order to incorporate the new changes.During this time your MPC & DPC will be loaded with the new code.If at all if u had any manually written code directly in MPC/DPC then that code gets over written with the new code.

So changes to be done always in MPC_EXT/DPC_EXT classes.

I do not see any blog as such about the topic u r asking, its just that u need to do necessary declarations, redefine the appropriate methods and add ur custom code to enhance the standard code generated by service builder.

Generated Classes for Model Provider Class - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (0)