cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Materials (Re-issue of Certain BOMs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir/Mdm

I would like to seek your advice regarding some re-issue of BOM Materials between the Sales and Production Plant

For example, I ordered a finished product ABCD * 50 pcs

BOM consist of

A * 1

B * 1

C * 1

D * 1

Production order has been loaded and scrap % has already been taken into consideration. However somewhere during the production process, some damages occur and is beyond the Scrap%, For example now component B * 2 pcs is spoilt. How is the production plant going to draw from Sales Plant another 2 pcs of the B component?

Solution

1)I could think off is, having the production output a 48 pcs, but will have to scrap all the "Good" parts.

2)the other solution is return 'B' components physically and manually switch 2 pcs of the 'Good' ones with the Sales plant and  scrap at the Sales Plant.

However finance do not want the Sales Plant to bear the cost of the defect, it should be the production plant to bear the defects.

May I know how is the Sales plant going to re-issue 2 pcs of the B component to Production plant? with the proper re-issuing of parts in the system.

Thank you for your assistance Sir and Mdm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the special procurement you are using? is it withdrawal in alternate plant for bom component?

Are you issueing the material by automatic back flush
Why not change the quantity in MIGO GI  to consume the additional quantity?

IF you dont want the order to carry additional cost, you may be able to take out the damaged once using 262 to your manufacturing plant and reduce the stock using scrapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for the reply, the special procurement has  been modified, so is basically 41, for Prod plant to pick stock from Sales (Supplying ) plant.

But the scenario is that the Production is already in process. The production is 50 pcs. But someone in the mids, Material B is damage. How is the production plant going to draw 2 pcs for replacement from the supplying plant? Is there any way to modified the Production order? or any MIGO steps?

So Migo 262 can withdraw just the 2pcs damaged Material B?

Thank you Sir