Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension fields in Advanced Find Form

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I have four solutions in which I added one extension field to a standard BO.

Let's say they are S1,S2,S3 and S4 respectively and all are of the same data type.

I added each of them to the Advanced Find Form of the standard BO's OWL.(From Extensibility Explorer)

The strange thing is when I enter some data in one extension field (just say S1), other extension fields (S2,S3,S4) are also filled with the   same data from S1.The deleting also have the same behavior.And when I delete one extension field(just say S2), the data in other extension fields (S1,S3,S4) are deleted too.

Why is this happening?

How can I control that?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Fred.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Take a look at the screen's data model. See if you can find your fields in the "SearchParameters" structure, and then check with which field(s) they are bound to.

Best regards,

Fernando Giroleti

SAP Cloud Service Center AMEA

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Fernando.

Thanks.

I am sorry I was not quite clear on my question.

Here is my Use Case.

Let's say I have 4 solution, sol1, sol2, sol3, sol4.

I have created an xbo of the same standard BO in each solution.

My plan is to add one extension field namely ext1 (same name, same data type but different labels though)  to that standard XBO all in sol1,sol2,sol3 and sol4.

And I have added each extension field to Advanced Find Form of the standard xbo's OWL in all of the four solutions.

Each extension field is bound to a respective element.  (checked)

I think my problem is I have unfortunately  given the same name to all the extension fields.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I would raise an incident.

May I ask why have you created 4 solutions, and the same field in all?

Why don't you use only 1 solution, or at least do this task in only 1 of them?

Thanks.

Fernando