Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Office and database changes

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created a Live Office connection to extract my Webi Report into the Xcelsius Spreadsheet. This is how the data looks in the spreadsheet.

Dept Name               No. of Projects

A                                        1

B                                        2 

C                                        3

Sum:                                  6

I have mapped the spreadsheet data to a pie chart component.

Now, let's say a new Dept Name is added/removed in the database, then that would happen to my Spreadsheet data? Could anyone please help understand the process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to assume a maximum no of rows possible and bind the rows into excel accordingly in LO connection. Otherwise, always max 3 departments can be shown in above case.

By default the binding happens automatically considering the current number of rows in the block. You have to change that. Ensure you change the footer binding too so that it does not overlap with rows binding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try as mentioned by Arijit. Map the data grid by assuming the max no of rows. Map footer to a different location.

Later select Ignore blank values at the end in Behavior tab of Pie chart

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

I currently have 10 rows of  data. Using your suggestion, I have allocated 20 rows for the Live Office Connection, which should be max. Also, I have removed the "Sum" row from the query and calculated it in Excel in the 21st row. Will this solve the problem?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should solve the problem.

Answers (0)