Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of DMS in ECC W/o Content Server

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I am basically SD consultant. I would like to foray into other module of which i like DMS. As far as I know, there should be a content server along with ECC (R/3) system. I need your proper guidance in the regard.

My questions as follows....

1) Can I do configuration and subsequent testing of DMS without content server as I don't have that server like IDES?

2) If it so, where can I get the configuration documents or steps through in web portal?

3) Can any one of you provide me the sequence configuration steps broadly? Accordingly, I can glance over in websites steps wise configuration.

I hope you will understand my ambiguity situation and guide me.

Best Regards

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya Sagar,

Content server is not mandatory for storing DMS originals(i.e. attachments).  But SAP recommends content server if you have a requirement of using DMS for storing large number of documents.

Otherwise for testing, you can use SAP database for storing originals. Not much configuration for this, since SAP has already created the content repository & storage category for the same. As for configuration is concerned, you need to just enable 'Kpro' in the document type(using tcode-DC10) and use storage category 'DMS_C1_ST - Default storage DMS (main files)' while doing check-in for a original of a DIR.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ravi

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for you reply.

Similarly, can you tell me the standard configuration steps in a sequence as I would like do the practice in ECC system?

Me and my friend both have above basic knowledge on DMS. If you can send the step in a sequence, it is a great help.

Best Regards

Vidya Sagar.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya Sagar,

You can following the steps 3.1 for configuring document type in the below guide.

https://help.sap.com/bp_af603/BBLibrary/Documentation/223_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_IN.doc

And you can create/change/find DIR's (Document info records) using the below tcodes.

CV01n - Create document

CV02n - Change document

CV04n - Find document

To start with, you can try creating a DIR for standard SAP delivered document type 'DRW'.

And also refer the below link for detailed steps.

Document Management Systems - Wiki - SCN Wiki

Regards,
Ravi

Answers (0)