cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip an record when attribute is blank in conversion file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am loading Profit Center from BW and i want to skip the record if Controlling area is not filled in the Profit Center. Have I to maintain all the valid Controlling Areas and then record ???? as *SKIP or is there any other way where by i can achieve this

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways to do this.

1. You can filter on Attribute value BT say for ex. 0001 - 9999 (depending on the CO area values you expect)

2. Another option is to check if CO Area is blank in the transformation file and skip such a record in conversion file.

For this, in the Selection tab, choose the attribute CO Area from Attribute list.

In the transformation file, map Profit center like below.

ID=*IF(*STR(Z)+CO Area=*STR(Z) then *STR(NA)+ID;ID)

This will append NA to Profit center if CO area is blank. If CO area exists, profit center is mapped 1:1

Call a conversion file for Profit center in the transformation file.

In which write like below.

EXTERNAL     INTERNAL

NA*                    *SKIP

This will skip all records which start with NA. (in this case, records with blank CO area).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bindu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahesh,

You cannot skip values by property based using conversion file.

You can achieve it by using transformation file.

If you can provide some screenshots,there may be better understanding of your exact requirement.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

In your selection for the master data load, you can specify or filter on attributes of the info object.

Andy

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

While loading master data use the DM package with UI and in that give the selection criteria , CO area = xxxx(your co area).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you pls explain further. I want to skip the Profit Center if Co Area is Blank. So how do I write XXXX.

Regards

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

In the selection criteria if you specify your controlling area for e.g. Co Area =0010, then DM package would pick only those Profit canter that belong to 0010. So indirectly the profit center which might have co area blank or other than 0010 are left out/skipped

Regards