Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OO ALV with 2 header lines

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls let me know how to create 2 header lines for an ALV using OO. (using docking containers since report will run in backgrnd) . The first header is a short header and the second one is long .

Mat Num                   Doc Num                       Fisc Yr                            Co Cod

Material Number       Document Number        Fiscal Year                     Company Code

11111                        22222                            2013                                ABCD    

Regards

Shankar.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean column headers, as far as I know it is not possible. If you want to add lines to alv header you can find it here:

Regards,

Felipe

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for this create two custom container and create two internal table one table is empty and second table contains your actual data pass the fieldcat and empty internal table  to the first container and pass the second fieldcatalog and actual internal table to second container.

Regards,

Nishant

0 Kudos

Nishant, how will you control the horizontal scrollbar of the first container if you scroll the second one? The columns won't be aligned.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Would original poster have intended this to work on foreground/interactive, he should have to synchronize both headers managing almost every event associated to the grid : e.g. : modification of layout, horizontal scroll, (...) good luck..

But for a background execution, this solution could work : force in field catalog both ALV to use exact same layout, or use top_of_page event.

NB: Usual answer to this FAQ is "not possible with Grid, use List ALV".

Regards,

Raymond