cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not attached to message server - HA with Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I did an installation  of SAP ERP 6 EHP7 HA on Windows with database sybase on two nodes. The installation was successfully completed without any issues.

But we are facing issue when Node 1 is down.  For the testing purpose we shutdown the node1 completely and I was not able to connect and got the below error

1. server not attached to message server

Then I restarted the Node 1, but i did not start sap instance to check, then I was able to connect but I am getting the below error.

2.  no application server offers an VB service

Whereas when we are shutting down the Node 2 for testing purpose its running fine. Can any please kindly help.

- Kindly Help.

Regards,

Letz..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error1- Can you please paste error here ?

Error 2- You need to set rdisp/wp_no_vb & rdisp/wp_no_vb2 parameter in instance profile of 2nd application server. It will provide update service as by default update parameter will be present in PAS but not in AAS.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am getting the below error - the operation failed because either the specified cluster node is not the owner of the group, or the node is not the possible owner of the group

Cluster roles

1. 1. SAP ASE Ffor SBP - Database Role -working fine
  2. 2. SAP SBP - SAP Application Role - Not working

When trying to move the sap application role from one node to another its giving the below error..

the operation failed because either the specified cluster node is not the owner of the group, or the node is not the possible owner of the group

Server - Windows 2012 R2

Database - Sybase

Kindly help me guyz...

Thanking you in anticipation.

Letz..

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->2. SAP SBP - SAP Application Role - Not working

Please check the possible owners in advanced policies by right click on SAP SBP resource.

Post the owners list.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

As per your suggestion I check the owners of SAP SBP Resource owner is the only one Node1.

How can I resolve this issue..Please help..?

I

Regards,

Letz..

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make both the nodes owner of it then it will work. Check installation guide.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

This is my First high availability installation.. The installation was completly susccessfull. dont know where did i miss this part..

do I need to perform any other steps.? as the installation has been completed .

do i need to perform this manually..?

Thanking you in anticipation...

Regards,

letz..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I tried to add the owner on this resource by the below command and I am getting the below error..

cluster res "SAP SBP 00 Instance" /addowner: SBMPRD2

System error 5079 has occurred (0x000013d7).

The specified node does not support a resource of this type. This may be due to

version inconsistencies or due to the absence of the resource DLL on this node.

Please help..

Regards,

Letz..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two DLLs have been developed in order to make SAP R/3 a cluster-aware application: SAPRC.DLL and SAPRCEX.DLL.

I think those are present only on NODE1 under Windows\systems32\ folder. Copy these to NODE 2 same folder. It will automatically add NODE 2 as owner.

Try this and revert if any issues..

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bharath,

Thanks for reply. After your suggestion I was sucessfully able to add the owner. But I am still unable to run the SAP on Node 2.

I am unable to bring the service online...

Generic service 'SAP SBP 00 Service' could not be brought online (with error '1060') during an attempt to open the service.  Possible causes include: the service is either not installed or the specified service name is invalid.

Also I dont see the sapsbp_00 service on node2 in services whereas it is there in node1. Kindly help me to find where I was wrong during the installation.

Thank you very much Bharath..!!

Regards,

Letz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The service sapsbp_00  is a clustered service which you cannot find in Node1 or Node2.

Please provide the installation logs from Node2 to analyze the error in detail.

Have you done the installation as per guide? It seems an installation issue..

Thanks,

Bharath.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If I have understood you correctly, you have SAP CI/PAS installed on node A and on node B you have DB installed. After the installation you did a failover of node A to node B and at this stage you get error related to message server. You did a failover of node B to node A and everything works fine.

Is ASCS part of the SAP cluster resources ?

Have you followed the installation guide recommendation for HA installation on Windows ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan & Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed the installation guide and the below procedure.

First cluster node install on Node 1 –

Database instance – install on Node 1 –

Additional database – install on node 2

Primary application server – install on node 1

Additional Application server – install on node 2

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I said earlier, Can you please paste error log when system is not able to start?

I have already provided solution for Error 2.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the First cluster node and additional cluster node as specified in the guide?

If you are installing a high-availability system and you have not already set the environment Parameter

SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAMEto specify the virtual host name, you can start SAPinst

as follows:

sapinst.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual host name>

The second error is because by default you don't get the update work process in Additional Application server instance. To add update work process please follow the instructions given by sunny.

Please provide the logs to analyze the issue of the cluster fail-over..

Thanks,

Bharath.