Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication user in LDAP without configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like check (validate) user name and password at active domain.

I found FM LDAP_SIMPLEBIND.

When used LDAP_SIMPLEBIND to validate user name and password at domain, I got error message (CONFIG_ERROR: Error in the configuration in the SAP system (for example, a non-existent LDAP server ID was specified).

Is in the SAP some FM only for validate user name and password without configure LDAP in SAP or some next unnecessary things?

In C# is simple code without some configuration. Only:

using(var context = new PrincipalContext(ContextType.Domain, "mydomain")) {
return context.ValidateCredentials(username, password); }

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure NetWeaver before you can use LDAP. For example, NetWeaver needs to know which domain controller or LDAP server you want to use for the bind. Once that has been configured, you can then write code to use the LDAP Simple Bind.

Just out of interest, why are you writing code to check password using LDAP ? I'm interested in the use case where somebody logs on to a system and then later needs their password checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create application where I want check user domain authentication for next processing.