Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is any one allowed to train in SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have seen many posting in internet

1. general institutes advertising SAP training ! are they allowed to do it?

2. independent consultants posting SAP training are they allowed to do it?

whats the actual fact, can anyone train anyone on SAP, just like a java, oracle, c++ ? or there are restrictions

thanks

S B S

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SBS,

The answer to your question depends on which country you reside. I am going to assume you live in India. In India, only SAP Authorized Training Providers can legally provide training which leads to certification. In order to get certified, you either have to take training from one of these ATPs or you have to already have a job for two years and have your employer sponsor your certification exam.

Do you need certification? Technically, no. If you can convince a company to hire you without being certified, you're golden. Companies are free to hire whomever they wish. In practical terms, though, most companies want both experience and certification whenever possible. Experience only is fine, and certification only comes in as a distant third choice.

Check SAP Career Blog Links for blogs which give advice to students or recent college graduates for how to start careers in SAP. Please also read the blogs from folks who had no experience, paid for certification, then waited many, many months if not years to find a job (if ever). The safest path is to first get a job at a company that already runs SAP in a position that does not require you to already know SAP. Again, read the blogs in the previous link for suggestions.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no one can train on SAP without SAP permission,but you will find Hundreds of Institutes in hyderabad and other locations which are unauthorized.They does not provide any certification so SAP does not care all these.

It all depends on your requirement,since every one cannot invest lakhs of rupees on Training other Institutes will train you and getting a jobs depends on you.

Decision will be yours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

if you need get into SAP with low investment or no investment you can refer to your friend or institute with low fees

after B.e or any graduation  if some one wants to enter into SAP he can choose the how much  to invest if he is ready for 3.5 lakhs for certification or he can for 25000 course fees

once he does the course wheather it may certification or normal institutes the major part to get the job

here nobody entertain you without experience if you have certification without exp no body will take

Now a days all major in house  companies develop consultant depend upon there experience in their only

i know many consultant are non certified but they have industry knowledge like anything they settled as good consultant

it all depend upon your luck

Regards