Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Content Installation issues due to compounding

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on BW 7.4 and am facing some issues while trying to install a BI content cube.

One of the infoobjects of those cubes has a custom infoobject compounded to it and the BI content installation keeps on failing because the Delivered version of that cube doesnt have that  compounded InfoObject.

For example 0COMP_CODE has ZXYZ added in compounding. Now I try to install a cube 0ABC having 0COMP_CODE.

System throws an error that cube 0ABC is missing infoobject ZXYZ and cannot be installed.

How do I get this cube to be installed so that I can manually put ZXYZ in it and activate? Please help.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Can you try this

1. Install ZYYZ first

2. Install 0COMP_CODE

3. After 1 and 2, install the cube

Plewase try it and let me know

-Suvesh

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I am not clear on my question.

0COMP_CODE is already present. ZXYZ is already been created and is a custom IO.

ZXYZ had been added in compounding of 0COMP_CODE.

This means that whenever you use 0COMP_CODE in a cube/dso you will have to make sure that ZXYZ is also present. Or else that Infoprovider cannot be activated.

Now the problem is that when I try to install a BI content cube containing 0COMP_CODE system throws an error that ZXYZ is not part of the Infocube (obviously since it is a custom IO) and hence the entire cube installation fails.

Now my question is how do i get the cube to be installed at least in inactive state so that I can add ZXYZ to it and make it active.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is clear now Shyam

If this is in DEV, then you can try the following.

1. Delete data of 0COMP_CODE

2. Remove ZXYZ from compounding

3. Install cube and add ZXYZ to cube

4. add ZXYZ as compunding object to 0COMP_CODE

5. Run Full load

Is it not possible?

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are my 2 concerns with this.

Even though it is dev 0COMP_CODE would have been used in a lot of infoproviders.

Since the SIDs would already be referenced in all of those cubes and DSOs, it wouldnt allow me to delete any data that is still referenced. Which implies that I need to clean up all those DSOs and Infocubes first ..and 0COMP_CODE is a fairly common infoobject.. It means an impossible number of such infoproviders will need to be cleared which is a painful and impractical activity.

Secondly, removing a compounding and adding it again to 0COMP_CODE may deactivate all the infoproviders/TRFNs probably. I am not sure .. Even if it doesn't Issue 1 is still a bottleneck.

There has to be a better way to do this..

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam, can you tell me the name of cube?

Also, I hope you are trying 'install only necessary object' and collection mode 'manual'.