Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS91500008,Task TS51907916: VerificationStatus = 9 is Wrong

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I create an external application, system creates the data in HRP5102 with VERIFICATIONSTATUS = 0 (verified).

but the workflow template WS91500008 fills the "verficationstatus" container with value "9" which does not even exist in the data element of

HRP5102 table field (only 0,1,2 are there).

The question is how the task TS51907916 fills the container with value "9" since the actual value is "0" at that time? screen shot is attached.

since this value is wrong so the later workflow tasks are sending email to candidates, which are not required.

Waiting for you useful input.

Chohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

He used the standard task though... Anyway, I created a workaround and a message at a client where I had the problem that the WF is sometimes triggered before the 5102 is created. Since no IT was found, the initial value was returned (which is zero).

This was a problem because the system thought that the candidate was verified and he wouldn't recieve the email. I used the return 9 if no data found as a workaround and mentioned that in the message to SAP. Maybe they copied my workaround? Anyway, I think it's good to have a 9 if no data is found, and that could explain it.

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nicole,

Sorry for confusion I am indeed using standard workflow: WS51900008

Dear Andy,

If workflow is being triggered before system created entry in table HRP5102 (which is most likely the problem), then what is your suggestions regarding the solution for this issue?

Chohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the solution is already there. If 9 is returned the WF knows that the verification mail is not already sent and will be send. You can also add a wait step in the WF to avoid the problem? Wait up to 5 seconds for example

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

This is OK if external candidate registering through company's website,that he has to receive Verification email BUT In case recruiter is entering external application manually, then system should not send the verification email to such candidate as per the SAP HELP below:

Workflow After Creating an E-Recruiting Object - SAP E-Recruiting (PA-ER) - SAP Library

If the application was entered manually, the system also creates an object of the type Candidate. The system then automatically sets the verification status of the candidate to Verified for an active verification process. As the system sends confirmation mails to unverified candidates only, a candidate whose application was entered manually does not receive a confirmation mail.

Am I missing something?

Chohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You asked why the value was filled with a 9, I gave you an answer :-).

I didn't know that this was the case. I don't see a check of this in the workflow. Maybe it's done in the creation before the workflow than but as I mentioned, sometimes the WF beats the HRP tables.

Is it all the time or sometimes? If sometimes, you can be pretty sure. Add a waiting step in the workflow or use queue management? transaction SWEQ_ADM

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

It's permanently "9" for the method used in that standard task. I have run the method externally for a candidate who's verification status is "0" in 5102 but the method is still returning "9".

I think SAP has taken your workaround and made it hard-coded in this method. Kindly seen the screen shot for method below:

If that method returns "9" all the time then what to do for manually entered applications?

Chohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lol, I had a discussion with the one from SAP and indeed he made that mistake. He did another correction afterwards.

Since I already had a copy of the task I changed it in my Z code.

The following part should be in the CATCH section:

IF ev_verif_status = 0. "start PVA1921642

ev_verif_status = 9.

ENDIF.

You can always create a message and ask SAP to update the code.

I gave up after providing them the solution a couple of times and realizing that it still didn't work...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Any sap note for the corrections which they made afterwards to get that code within CATCH section?

Chohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not that I know, that's why I've created my own Z task and method

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Thanks a lot for prompt actions. I highly appreciate that.

sent that note to our basis for further action.

Chohan

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chohan,

Workflow WS91500008 is a custom one, please check it with the standard one WS519000008.

Regards,

Nicole

former_member424001
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any suggestions ?