cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use CR XI R2 in Visual Studio 2010, and target 4.0 .NET framework

0 Kudos

Hi, all,

could you tell me, is it possible to use CR XI R2 in visual Studio 2010, in a project that is targeting 4.0 framework, and x86 platform?

More precisely, are there any unexpected situations ahead, since recommended version for VS 2010 is, I believe, CR 13.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

CR XI R2 is not compatible / tested / supported with VS 2010. See the compatibility chart here:

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001514084&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...

As these two are never tested with each other, this combination could result any no of unknown issues starting from CR integration with VS 2010. Also, CR XI R2 is out of support for quite some time now.

I would strongly recommend you to download and install the free version of CR for VS 2010.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

0 Kudos

Hi, Bhushan,

thank you for the info.

0 Kudos

Also, I can see that CR 13, for Visual Studio, has been built for .NET FW 2.0.

Can you tell me which version is meant to be used with .NET 4.0 framework?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the supported platform guide for CR for VS 2010.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21990

It supports

.NET Framework 2.0 (including Service Packs)

.NET Framework 3.5 (including Service Packs)

.NET Framework 4.0 (including Service Packs)

.NET Framework 4.5 (including Service Packs)

.NET Framework 4.5.1 (including Service Packs)

-Bhushan

0 Kudos

So, the combination CR 13, Visual Studio 2010, targeted platform .NET 4.0 is tested, and 'legit'?

Since, I see that, when using CR 13 in order for dlls to be loaded correctly,

I have to add <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">  to app config file, if I want to change target from 3.5 to 4.o framework?

Thank you in advance!

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, CR 13.0 should work with VS 2010 targetting .NET 4.0.

The <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">  is only required when you are using .NET datasets to pass the data to the report.

-Bhushan

0 Kudos

Thanks for this info again!

Can you tell me is there a version of Crystal reports that can be used with .NET 4.0 without any additional configuration? Since, .NET dataset are used to pass the data to our reports, and currently I do not see a way to change that?

And, also, is that version of Crystal Reports supported in Visual Studio 2010?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR for VS 2010 (13.0) is the only version of CR which is meant to work with VS 2010 and is fully compatible to work with .NET framework 4.0, No other version of CR is compatibl with VS 2010.

While using datasets it is mendatory to use the startup tag as you mentioned earlier. There is no other option.

See more info about that here.

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001525432&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...

-Bhushan

0 Kudos

Thank  you for elaborate answer.

Also, can you propose an alternative datasource then?

Or, even better, since now is the moment to check for possible software upgrade -

is there an option to use datasets, or whatever similar datasource, with some version of Crystal Reports, and Visual Studio 2012/13, and not have to set any additional tags to config files, but target 4.0 FW as is?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Crystal Reports for Microsoft Visual Studio is the only version which works with VS 2010, VS 2012 and VS 2013. there is no other option for CR version.

As an alternative to datasets, you could modify your Crystal reports (.rpt) to directly connect to the database using a DB connectivity like ODBC, OLEDB etc.

-Bhushan

0 Kudos

Thank you.

So, is then, 13.0.2000.0 the latest dll version for Crystal reports?

I have installed CR 13 for Visual Studio, and that is what  I see in most used dlls.

Also, I tryed to install newer ones for VS 2013, but did not see any change, that is why I am asking.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

13.0.2000 is the assembly version and it does not change with each service pack.

You should see the file version (right click the assembly - properties - version) which should be 13.0.10. which is the latest one for VS 2013.

-Bhushan

0 Kudos

Thank you for the info!

Answers (0)