cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate issue in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a major issue in query designer. In my query I am fetching exchange rate from formula variable by replacement path. I am using exchange rate attribute of billing document. But most of the places exchange rate is coming 0.

I have checked in my inforovider ( Infocube) It is coming right there. One more thing this issue is for current month only In the same query I am fetching exchange rate for last year same month. It is fine.

I am surprise that same variable is giving right vale for the 'last year same month' but for 'current month' it is giving wrong value. and infoprovider value is correct for this month.

Please help me to solve this,

Regards

Devesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

If I understand right, you are using the attribute of billing document in your query. So the data in your infocube does not matter in this case. Please check the data load of billing document characteristic. Maybe data is not loaded for the current month.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

I have checked already in Billing document characteristics. It is filled daily wise. Data is filled for current month in 0DOC_NUM. Data is correct for some document no and for some document no it is coming 0.

Regards

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

please find out the difference in the documents. Did you check these documents in your infoprovider where the data is not correct in the query? Please check if all fields are similar in infoprovdier for these doc as for those where exchange rate is correct?

Maybe missing date field, missing currency field, .....

Regards,

Jürgen

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Please check the validity of those documents in time-dependant master data table.

It could be that those documents are no longer valid ?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

In infoprovider level it is every thing fine. All the data is coming fine. When data is moving from infoprovider to query then something is going on.

I am Sure about it that this problem is because of 0EXCHG_RATE only.

Regards

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasmin,

I checked in the characteristics 0bill_num. Data was lod for the month but Exchange rate in this infoobject is 0. But I checked in data source exchange rate for that document no is correct but in infoobject it is 0.

Do you have any idea why it is happening.

Thanks for your last reply.

Regards

Devesh

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Data could be filtered in the transformation.

Please check for any code in start routine,end routine.

Regards,

Amit

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Now we get that the problem is related with filling the right master data. Let's find why does it happen. As Amit has said check the transformation, start or end routines, check PSA. If it comes to PSA as 0 then there should be a problem with the datasource (are you using function or table or query, we have to check that). If it happens after PSA stage, then you can try simulation debugging to see how exchange rate is filled.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

In my data source Exchange rate is correct. I have checked already. It is 0 in infoobject. About transformation, No routine is used there.

For 0bill_num = Direct assignment and alfa conversion exit is used.

For 0EXCHG_RATE =  Direct assignment and aggregation - overwrite is used.

Could you please explain me how could I use simulation debugging. I do not know how to use it. If I will use it. Is there any effect on data.

Regards

Devesh

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Is it correct in PSA? If it is correct, select the DTP and monitor the last run. On the menu above you will see a button "debugging", in the following screen you can directly select the record and debug it (it will be better if you put a breakpoint after start routine before transformation, this setting is made in the second tab in the selection screen)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have checked that there is no any start or end routine. In both the fields data is coming from direct assignment.

Regards

Devesh

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

The data type in source is DEC but in target it is FLTP,was there some change in the settings of these info-object ?

Alternatively you see a test icon at the bottom of your last screenshot.

Use that option to test what is being fetched from source and what is updated in target.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If this is the prob it should be for all billing documents. But exchange rate value is 0 for only some document no.

Regards

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I analyse one thing that all the exchange rate is coming incorrect in 0BILL_NUM. They are not same as in source system. All the document no have different value from data source this could be because of different data types target and source.

So now I have to pull all document no from source system to target. Could you please suggest me the steps to load master data. should I delete all the transaction data first. It is huge data in the cube.

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Take two examples of billing number one for which exchange value is showing up and another one for which it is 0.

Check these two records in the PSA table of the master data datasource for 0bill_num.

Again check these two records in the master data table.

If possible please post the two screenshots here.

Regards,

Amit

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

There is absolutely no need to touch the transaction data in the cube.

It uses extended start schema and the sid's link the master data with the transaction data.

Now coming back to your question create a new info-package and in the selection tab give a  billing doc number for which exchange report is 0 and fetch the data.

Then check the PSA if exchange value came or not.

If yes try running the DTP and check in the target master data.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Could you please check the formula variable again.

Also are there two different key-figure for displaying current month and last year same month ?

IF yes please compare both and check the restrictions on both.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have checked the variable already this is only a replacement path variable in which we are we are fetching atrribute value of billing document. Attribute of billing document is 0EXCHG_RATE.

I tried to pull data directly  from billing document without variable nut the result is same. please help me for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Devesh

Message was edited by: DEVESH SURYAVANSHI