Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas in Webi report

former_member640919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Given below should be the webi output:

Emp No, Emp Location, Emp Name, Seniority Date,Curr_Year_Rating,Prev_Year_Annual_Sal_at_April_1st,current Annual_Sal_at_Jan_01

I am using the formulas for these columns: Curr_Year_Rating,Prev_Year_Annual_Sal_at_April_1st,curr_ Annual_Sal_at_Jan_01

Curr_Year_Rating

([Rating] Where(Valid From Date - PK <= January 1st, 2014 AND Valid To Date >= January 1st 2014))

(ii) Prev_Year_Annual_Sal_at_April_1st

([EMPL ADMIN - Salary Yr] Where(Valid From Date - PK <= April 1st, 2013

AND Valid To Date >= April 1st 2013))

(iii)curr_Annual_Sal_at_Jan_01:

([EMPL ADMIN - Salary Yr] Where(Valid From Date - PK <= January 1st, 2014

AND Valid To Date >= January 1st 2014))

Is it ok to use current and previous year formulas for an employee record?

Can I use if  then formula instead of Where clause formulas in the above 3 formulas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you creating all these formulas at the universe level?

former_member640919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating these formulas at Webi level? I am not getting any error. But when I am using where clause it is giving me the results which does not satify the condition and If formulas gives me correct results.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you validated all the formulas. As I could see in formulas you have and condition in where clause which is syntax error.Where clause at report level only take one condition. Try to use If condition for "Valid From Date - PK <= January 1st, 2014 AND Valid To Date >= January 1st 2014" with 1 and 0 flag.And use new variable and put value equal to 1 in where clause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error u are getting when using these formulas?"If " clause is used to replace the result value for the column but "where" is used to pick the value if the condition satisfied.