cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert to be given to the users immediately when a document added and only once

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating a new alert, Frequency can be set based on Minutes, Hours, Days, Week. In this if I specify frequency Minutes and Hours, Same alert is triggered every time.

My Requirement is manager should get the alert immediately when document is added but only once. How can I achieve this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be achievable through condition at where function. For example, today manager has posted purchase order document and should be alerted. You can below condtion.

OPOR. Docdate =  CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),GETDATE(),110)

Let us know the exact requirement for query and alert condition.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

Whenever a document ( Say PO) is added by the originator, it shall be alerted to the group of people immediately or within a time gap say 5 mintues. The same alert shall not repeat again. In current situation if i set a frequency of 5 minutes, the same alert is getting repeated every time.

Hope this explain my requirement

Regards,

Vivek

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase frequency to 15 minutes and then try. Also check with save history option.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek

If you have already turned off the Save History, and that does not give you the results you want, then consider the following:

- Create a control table where you can log the last document processed (use DocEntry)

- As part of the alert retrieve the last document processed and based your alert from that record forwards, then update the last document processed

Used this many times.

Regards

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

Can you please explain this in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek

See attached sample sql

This sql depends on having a sql table to write the control information.  In this example I used a non SBO related table.

The technique I use here works well and overcomes the limitations the limitations you mentioned.   It can be extended to cover manay different scenarios.

Regards

Jeff