cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a portal URL from backend system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I'm facing an issue regarding portal-ECC integration I can't proceed with, pls help

we have an ECC linked to ERP portal and have to send email to users from ECC workflow with a link (URL) to portal .. is it somehow possible to get this link or shall I maintain the link in each system manually?

thanks

Juraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this table(RSPOR_T_PORTAL)is available and suffice your requirement:

Maintaining Portal Server Settings (RSPOR_T_PORTAL) - Configuration - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

that table is helpful, unfortunately it's populated only in BW system

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

I didn't found any info in backend regarding portal URL. That might be because it's always portal that takes initiative to communicate with integrated systems.

So, we just maintain portal hostname in a customization table.

Kind regards,

Garcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

I think this link may be what you are looking for:

URL Navigation - Portal - SAP Library

The main part:

The regular URL for launching the portal is http://portalserver/irj/portal . To implement URL navigation:

1. From the Portal Catalog, select the page as it appears within the roles hierarchy with which you want to launch the portal.
  2. From the Quick Info pane below the Portal Catalog, copy the name of the page (PCD URL value) and save it in a text editor, replacing the string PCD: with ROLES:// .
  3. Open your browser and add the following string to the default portal URL:?NavigationTarget =<value saved in text editor >
  4. Save the new URL, which you can then use to launch your portal.

BR,

Etay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Etay,

thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure it solves my problem .. my question was more about how to get the default portal URL from the backend system .. because once I move my dev to test and prod. system, the portal URL changes .. in case it's not handled by SAP standard, I have to maintained it manually for each system

thanks

Juraj

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi juraj,

maybe this thread is of any help for you http://scn.sap.com/thread/3571972

regards,

christian

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos