cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number In one warehouse and Item in another, can't do a goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're not sure how this happened or is even possible but we are trying to a Goods Issue out of a warehouse. The item is managed by serial number set to On Every Transaction. What it looks like is that the item was received into Whse 6 with a serial number TB0001, then transfer to Whse 1 without TB0001, the serial number stayed in Whse 6.

There are 3 serial numbers for that item, two in Whse 6 and one in Whse 1, but the only marked as available (TB0001) for use is in Whse 6.

Now it has kind of a feedback loop: we can't transfer it into Whse 6 to grab that serial number and do a Goods Issue because it doesn't have a serial number, but the serial number we need is in Whse 6.

We also can't seem to create a serial number in Whse 1 for the item.

Any thoughts on how this happened and how we can fix this? Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your item managed by every transaction, there should be transaction with serial number. In standard system will not allow if any serial number not selected in serial selection window. Further user will get an error message,

"Cannot add row 1 without complete selection of batch/serial numbers"

For further check, please post serial number report for good receipt and serial number report inventory transfer. Also advice your B1 version and PL.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I thought too. I don't know if perhaps that item was changed from 'On Every Transaction' to 'On Release Only' and back during the production process and that caused it to lose the serial number, but I definitely have an item in Warehosue 1 without a serial number I can't issue and a serial number sitting without an item in Warehouse 6. I'm not sure how to rectify this problem..

-Jeff

PS. It's SAP B1 8.82 PL 10

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please raise ticket to SAP support to fix this issue. Before check same scenario at your TEST DB with same version and PL.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan