Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP 7 Upgrade - Impact on Technical Areas

mukeshambition
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to Technical upgrade EHP3 to EHP7.So i want to know what area going  to impacted after upgradtion like Custom workflow,BSP App,WD Java,WDA,Proxies,Idocs,Adobeforms and HCM form and Process.Please guide me how to we minimize the risk.

I am waiting your expert advice on that

Thanks

Mukesh

10 REPLIES 10

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To help minimize the risks.

When we upgraded to ecc6 a copy of the system was upgraded.

And then we and the users tests every thing.

Then we upgraded the real systems.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eitan.

After upgradtion my BSP , wd java and custom workfolw will work or not.

Regards

Mukesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

No idea.

Each organization is having its own way of doing things .

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks.

After EHP7 upgradtion BSP,WD java.........those application will support in EHP7?

We are doing only Technical Upgradtion so our custom changes enchanment will wipe out or not effected.

Regads

Mukesh

0 Kudos

The custom changes won't be wiped out, but you have to check in tcodes SPDD and SPAU if some object modification need to be released manually.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

During  upgrade you need to adjust your objects in SPAU and SPDD , and mostly the problem comes when the enhancement in standard objects is done by using the Access key other wise there is not much to worry about the implicit enhancements or BADI Implementations.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I know about SPAU/SPDD activity.I have read somewhere EHP7 is not supporting BSP application.Portal version goes to  7.1 to 7.4 so our custom workflow is working or we should do any changes on UWL level.We have around 10-12 interfaces related to PI.It should be work or not.I think somewho webdynpro syntex changes in EHP7 compare to EHP3.

Regards

Mukesh

0 Kudos

This thread is about a workflow issue after EHP7 upgrade,

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Thanks for all.

anything is  prereuiste for all application
What about BSP application

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please generate side effect then it will help you before doing upgrade.

You have also this option:

https://service.sap.com/side-effects

Thanks

Manish Gupta