cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble sync between Agentry Client (SAP IM 4.0) and SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deployed and configured the SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 mobile app on SMP 3.0 and connected to backed (SAP) which was prepared with the corresponded add-ons and all that stuff. But something happened, I have two PDTs (Motorola MC9100), when I was configure the first one, I have installed the agentry client with unencrypted mode and started the syncronization... at some point the sync process logs: This client does not support an encrypted application and the syncronization stops. As there was nothing I can do with this unencrypted client, I uninstalled this client from that device, erase all the data and install the client again but as an encrypted client. When I started the sync, was so problematic (and still is) to download all the configurations and definition even after several attemps of sync that device with the server, each time the client throws an error Communication failed (14) and sometimes it throws Communication failed - Server error (3). At the end, I configured the other device which has no problem with the client because I install the encrypted client from the start and the sync runs perfect (so the configuration and communication between SMP and Backend is OK), but with the first PDT, I think something is inconsistent because I can't make the full initial transmit yet...and I don't know how to fix it if for some reason the sync stops as my case and then that device can't sync again .. I don't know if I can reset the client or something to make it work... I thought uninstalling the client will help me but no it isn't.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows Mobile device has a 32 MB process limit.  It is possible that the download is taking so long that the connection times out.  (i.e. more then 5 minutes for one table to download)

Or.

The amount of data in the table plus the memory for the client running is hitting that 32 MB limit.

is the errors normally happening in a Complex Table download?

Is there a way to filter the data down more?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing you can also look at copying the Agentry Client folder from the working device to the non working device and still has issues.  By coping a built client it make it so the next device doesn't need to download the application and complex table data again.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error normally happened when receiving a replacement of definition for the application.... the weird thing is with the other device the initial transmit works OK. One question about copying the Agentry Client Folder from the working to non-working device: If I copy this folder, Is this client tied up with the same user I  executed the transmit on the "good" device? 

Why on SMP if I use the same user on different devices... I only see one application connection? How can I get a different application connection for each device no matter the user I log on the application client?

BR,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

"If I copy this folder, Is this client tied up with the same user I  executed the transmit on the "good" device? "

The Login screen will show the prior use, but you can log in with the new user and the client will do a user change.  Before coping the client make sure the client on the device is closed, else some files may be locked.

The SMP \ Agentry has one connection port \ URL.  Or are you talking about the on the transmit window you see only one dropdown for the transmit connection type?  This drop down is configured by the Transmit Configuration in the Editor. 

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied the client folder... but it did not work after the copy the applications shows me an error "cannot resolve host" and didn't connect at all.... However, I uninstalled again the client, erased the folders for SAPIM ... and installed all again... and then the device did the initial transmit without error... pretty weird... but thanks anyway for the answers... I thought the client keep tied up with the user who did the initial transmit.... Although I have another issue right now the users does not appear listed on SMP 3.0 user list under the application tab... for neither of the two devices... and they are connected ... Do you know what may be happening here ??

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because currently Agentry Clients \ Users don't show on that list.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I can't see the connected user within management cockpit??? when it is planning to make visible the agentry clients /users on that list? or if I can see them through another feature: how can I see them??? The connected user or application connections???

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I am not part of SAP, I don't know the road map, but last I knew that was not going to be in SP04.

Stephen

Answers (0)