Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prompts for different report blocks

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a report which has two sections on the Summary Report.both report sections are filteres on prompts input by user

Top Section =   based on the 'date' from the user response

Bottom Section = based on 2 prompts  'date' plus the 'RSO' from the user respond

Right now I have  Date and RSo in my query filter as prompt. But  RSO prompt should not apply to second block of report.How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

Query prompts work at query level and help to fetch the data from the database.

The data in the report is displayed after the data is fetched. Therefore, the prompts are directly connected with queries (data providers) and not with report blocks.

You can either try keeping the RSO prompt as optional OR you can create two seperate queries (one with Date prompt and one with RSO prompt) and use for both blocks seperately.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Yuvraj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Yuvraj,

But I have to display the both report blocks in single report which i am doing in webi the report was input both prompts but one prompt had to effect on one block and another block has data based on both prompts.This is my req...Can I creating 2 separate queries and display in the report output in the below fashion as 2 report block in single report ?

query 1

prompt RSo and Date

Query

only Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali

Yes, you can make 2 queries one with "RSo" and "Date" prompt and other query with only "Date".

Do not marge any dimensions and create one block with one query and other block with another query objects

-Anuj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj,

Unfortunately this did not work for me. The filter is not applying for RSO when i have RSO object in the report panel. It is bring all Rso's not not just the one I input for RSO prompt.

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yuvraj,

When i create this report in similar fasion for wuery 2 i am getting correct results....but for query 1 I am getting wrong results unless i bring RSO dimension into report panel.

Once i bring RSO to report it is breaking down data to every rso and giving correct results....but i do not want to display RSO in the report to get right data.

Can you help?

P.S : i had to revert from correct answer ...because i am unsure if it would be sown in the forums it is marked as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pali,

Are you still facing issue. Have you tried creating 2 queries.

1) Create Date prompt in 1 query.

2) Create Date and Rso prompt for 2nd query.

3) Make sure you write exactly same prompt text(like "Enter Date") for Date prompt in both query otherwise you will get 3 prompts (2 Date prompt and 1 Rso prompt) when you run report.

4) Create block 1 from query 1 and block 2 from query 2.

~Anuj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuj,

I have dynamically display data based on prompt input values for report 2

IF RSO = APP and BWPO then the second report in the image should display for 2 report blocks...so i set a section on RSo...

but I am having problem displaying sum of all RSO's vales that has been chosen in the prompt...how can I do it?

Let me know if u can make out from previous image...or else i can include another image.

I greatly appreciate ur help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

I would recommend you to create break on RSO column in 2nd block instead of section.

It will allow you to add value for each RSO and will created separate block for each RSO which is selected from prompt.

~Anuj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuj,

I will try this and post my results. How can I add value for each RSO that I select . For examples if i select 3  RSO's  ...then the report should not only display totals for each Rso , but Also Sum of values for all 3 RSO's selected at the end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali

It will work. It will create those many block which are you select in RSO prompt.

Let me know if it does not work.

~Anuj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anuj,

This worked for RSO totals as you said...but its not working for RSO percentage. I wrote formula to calculate percentage and displayed in the report by adding another row.When I apply break it is not giving percentage for every RSO but only the RSO displayed at the end.How can I get percentage for every RSO value selected.I included the screenshot.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pali,

You have created different thread for same issue. Please close one thread and see my comment in below thread.

~Anuj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

Last year i had faced the same issue . Please refer  below link:

Using Input controls only , we can have different set of filters for two different blocks in the same report..

Regards,

Pranay

0 Kudos

Use Input Controls ,which will filter the data based on particular blocks of the report