cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Bex Query Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using TCode RSZC to copy our Bex queries that are based on a single infocube to a multicube that has the exact same structure. The copy process seems to be successful with the few queries we have tested with.  However, I have noticed that if a query contains variants for selection, the variants do not get copied to the new query.  I have spent several days looking for any threads that address this specific issue, with no luck finding a solution.  Does anyone know how to get the query variants into the newly copied query?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Larry Parsons

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

You can do a copy of variants by creating an ABAP program. You have to read the entry of tables rsrparametriza and rsrparametrizat for your existing query and create a similar entry of your old query with the name of new query you have created. This will copy the variant to your new query.

Regards,

Prabakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakar,

Thank you for your help.  I wrote a quick program to read the variants associated to my original query, and updated the table rsrparametriza with the new query name and a new variant name.

Sincerely

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry/Prabakar,

Can you please share the pseudo code for the this?

I have similar requirement but I am supposed to copy the variants to a new user id from the old one (user ids are changed for the same person), please suggest how can I achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ayub H

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dirk_funke
0 Kudos

Hello Larry,

As I'm facing the same problem as Ayub I would be extremely glade if you could share your solution. It is a very much time consuming process to do this job manually ...

Best regards,

Dirk Funke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Larry

Can you try this

There are following ABAP reports for variants migration:

RSR_VARIANT_XPRA converts all the query variant

RSR_MIGRATE_VARIANTS

For details see following notes:

1003481 Variant Migration - Migrate all variants

1252191 Query variant technical name more than 14 characters

1132286 Variant migration results in wrong value for variables

-Suvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvesh,

Thank you for your response.  I don't think either of these programs will help. We are not dealing with any 3.5 queries.  TCode RSZC copies a query from one infoprovider to another.  I need a way to copy any saved selection variants to the copied query built over the new infoprovider.

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would look into it and get back to you Larry.

what is the BW version and bex version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvesh,

Thank you very much for your interest in this.  We arte on BW version 7.4 support pack 4, and Bex is version 7.3.

Larry