cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange characters in WEBI report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I run a WEBI report, i see strange characters in the cells. Pls refer to attached screen shot. The output is sometimes displaying correctly and sometimes not.

I run the query generated by WEBI at the backend, I get the correct results.

I tried to create a separate report with some of the columns. Even then I get these strange characters.

Please let me know if you have anything solution on this.

I use

BOXI R3.1 SP5

Cheers

Shreyas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

What font are you using at the report level?

Can you share the output which you are getting while running the SQL against data source?

What is your data source?

Does the issue come in both Webi Rich Client and Webi in Infoview?

What if you create a Deski report over same data source? Do you get the same issue?

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj,

Sorry for late reply.

1. Font used is Arial. I even changed it to Helvetica also
  2. I'm sorry. I cannot share the output. It not allowed. Curious to know as to why do you need it. How does it help?
  3. Data source is from Microsoft SQL Server, Enterprise Manager
  4. No. I ran the report in WEBI rich client. I did not see any issue.
  5. Deski report does not have an issue. I tried creating it.

Cheers,

Shreyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

I was interested to see the database output so that I can see what values are coming to report.

Does the report contain some accentuated characters like Ö,É,ć etc. or some other characters.

As the issue is not coming with Deski and WRC then it could be an issue with the application server.

Which application do you use? IIS or Tomcat or some other server?

Sometimes, the application servers do not support UTF-8 encoding. In case of Tomcat, you can check the server.xml file. You can check knowledge base article on SAP portal.

Also check if the desired font is added in fontalias.xml.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yuvraj.

Report does not have accentuated character. Some times it has characters which seems like Chinese or Japanese. And some square boxes too.

Application Server is Tomcat 7. I will check server.xml file, fontalias.xml file and some KB also.

Regards,

Shreyas

bicloud
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am seeing the same issue. everything looks good in IDT > Query. In WebI, many columns show as Chinese characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Arun. Language used at source is English.

Cheers,

Shreyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats your source? Seems like those are line feeds. Do you have any foreign languages from the source?

Arun