cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank spaces from PSA to cube and more than 60 chars length comments fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to get comments entered in BPC in BW cube. Those comments can be very huge text. When i create a Char it only takes 60 chars. I am using BW 7.3 SP5.

I read through some threads in sdn for handling more than 60 chars fields. They say some big workarounds.

Is my understanding right in thinking still I need to use concatenate etc workarounds for handling these type of fields ?

Another thing I have blank spaces in those and while I try to get those comments from PSA to cube it gives Hexadecimal conversion issue. When I removed spaces in PSA, it worked fine. But I want to know in RSKS how to give spaces whiel giving all the allowed special characters...

Some tips pls..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answers:

Is my understanding right in thinking still I need to use concatenate etc workarounds for handling these type of fields ?

Correct unless you are on BW 7.4 which allows 240 as length.

Another thing I have blank spaces in those and while I try to get those comments from PSA to cube it gives Hexadecimal conversion issue. When I removed spaces in PSA, it worked fine. But I want to know in RSKS how to give spaces whiel giving all the allowed special characters...

Same as above check below links:

Cheers!

Suyash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that.

I have a comment. Project 9 comments. this has spaces, it gives, errors.

In RSKC i was able to give only one user defined value, I gave SPACE and when I try to give any other thing, it replaces the existing one.

I am really surprised even in BW 7.3, we have to deal with all these little things..I was expecting some SAP provided straight way to use these.

Any inputs.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Infoobject maintenance screen there is a check box for allow lowercase and this will solve your case problem. For space one check the routine and links I posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks actually I got that case thing...But thanks for your interest and answers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I understand the frustration but in the grand scheme of things they look globally and see the impact for the change so customization is the key

Answers (0)