cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCM - Swiftnet ES Bundle without going through Swiftnet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing BCM and will sending payment requests to our bank and receiving payment status messages back from them, without using Swiftnet as an intermediary.

In this case, can we still use the Swiftnet ES Bundle except that our connection goes to our bank directly instead of to Swiftnet?

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jim

With the SAP Package for SWIFT (SIPS) / SWIFT bundle the main functionality is to implement

1) end-to-end security with HMAC-SHA256

2) generate the XML V. 2. 0 XML companion file, which contains the SWIFT address information (DN = distinguished name)

1) you could use as well for H2H connections as long as your bank accepts LAU

2) needs to replace with the H2H link info

The question is more do you really want to use SIPS - as SIPS needs PI to run.

Or you want to look into other LAU (e. g. PGP).

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the information.  I'm going to discuss with my colleagues here and may come back for some more guidance. 

Best regards,

Jim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For info of others that may read this thread later, I have found a helpful blog on this topic by Aashish Sinha: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/22/e-payment-a-customized-solution-o...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Make sure these 2 notes are in your system: 1722824 and 1497003.

thx,

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregory,

Note 1722824 talks about updating payment status without PI.  We do have PI and are planning to use it for bank communication; it's just that we want to send/receive directly from our bank without going through Swiftnet.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

There's an additional license cost to install the SAP Integration Package for SWIFT (SIPS) for PI.

So I would recommend that it's not worth paying this unless you are planning on using SWIFTnet for your bank connectivity.

A possible high level approach you could take:

Outbound:

Payment runs --> Approve batches in BCM --> DME/PMW files saved to application server directory --> files picked by PI --> PI Sends to Bank using SFTP

Inbound:

Bank creates Payment Status Report (PSR) files and bank statements --> Places on SFTP server --> PI picks these files --> PI transfers to application server directory --> Upload files into ECC (e.g. program FEB_FILE_HANDLING for bank statements).

I think this would be the simplest and most cost effective method for a single SAP-to-bank interface.

If you use multiple banks, then it would be worth looking into the SWIFTnet option.

Hope this helps,

Jack