cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to derive EXTI1 field in VTTK in COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to derive EXTI1 field in VTTK table in COPA, how to do that please explain.
I am not getting much details on how table lookup works, so appreciate your help on this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created a value field w/r to the field EXTI1 in CO-PA? If yes, then you have to create derivation strategy using t.code. KEDE as mentioned below:

1. Select Vlookup options

2. Then input the table name

3. After that in source field select the field name and in target filed maintain the CO-PA value field and save it.

If you want further clarification refer below link:

Derivation Types - Profitability Analysis (COPA) - SAP Library

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks,

But EXTI1 is supposed to be a characteristic for me. Because, EXTI1 is being used to enter the vehicle which delivers the goods. I want to see the profitability based on vehicle, so it's supposed to characteristic isn't it ?

Based on this vehicle I want a report on all the deliveries done in a month.

Please advice on this

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satan,

Then create as a characteristic w/r to the field from the table VTTK. Remaining procedure I have explained in my previous conversion.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I create it with reference to the field because in KEA5 when I try to create a new characteristic ( transfer from SAP table) and give table VTTK it says enter a valid table for reference.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satan,

First you have to define a new characteristic as a user defined. Later in KEDR you have to maintain derivation rule by selecting table lookup option.The derivation rule would be first you have to match the field VTTK-TKNUM with any CO-PA value field. If it matches then you will capture the field EXTI1  value in the new characteristic.

Hope it clears.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

In KEDR, when I create a new rule as table look up it,

In the below screenshot, What do I choose in the Field Name which is blank? Because I can't find anything in F4 which matches Shipment Number ?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satan,

You have to select the field which should capture the field TKNUM value in CO-PA fields.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, t.code. is KEDR not KEDE.