cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontract PO error VU013 when creating delivery note using ME2o

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI to the forum, I had a user getting error VU 013 "Document is incomplete: You cannot save the delivery" when attempting to create a delivery note to send components to a subcontract vendor using ME2o.

I spent quite a bit of time researching this on this site and did not find a solution to my problem. As it turns out, the issue was that this part had a serialization profile which required serial numbers to be assigned in the delivery note. Our workaround solution was to change the serialization profile to one which did not make it obligatory on the DN. We then issued the DN and manually assigned the serial number to it, then finally changed the material master back to the obligatory profile.

Ideally, we would have liked the error message to indicate exactly what made the document incomplete (i.e. missing serial number in this case). I am not sure how to do that. Also, I found information regarding activating enhancement for serial numbers in purchasing (in EhP4). Presumably, this would allow me to specify the serial number(s) of the components to be issued to the vendor in the purchase order, and therefore automatically copy this into the subsequent DN. I activated this functionality, but did not get it to work. (Serial number maintenance was not visible in my PO.)

If anyone has successfully dealt with either of these things (changing the error message, or activating the functionality) let me know. Otherwise, I will close the thread, as I just wanted to notify people of my findings regarding reasons for the error, and my workaround.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

I think the solution from OSS note will help to know the exact reason of the VU013 error:

335504 - Not possible to save delivery because of VU013

and OSS note

1029482 - ME2O: ME 346, although serial number usage optional

gives more insight and suppress the error message

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this helpful answer. 1029482 indicates that ME2o does not support goods issue of serialized parts. This is disappointing! I found from 335504 that we had the error message VU 014 configured, but not in OVM1 for Call Type B. I have done this and will report back with testing results.

Stand by!

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

In my testing, I found that with the customizing described in note 335504, I now see error VU 014 - "

Incompletion: Serial number requirement not satisfied (V50UC-SERIAL), error

group: L1" which is great! This at least will indicate to users the reason for incompletion.

Thank you very much Jurgen!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this note

• Note 425774 - VL10: No purchase order number for message VU013

G. Lakshmipathi

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, but this note does not apply to ERP 6.0.